24K Gold

1. For the most part, I'm a white metal person. However, there's just something about 24K...It glows. :love: :girlsigh: I'm finding myself more and more obsessed with it. Also, I've found that it's very hard to go back to 14K or 18K after wearing one piece of 24K. It makes all of my other gold look dull!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. I agree. I still love all of my jewlery but love my bracelets more.

4. I have several 24K pieces and I find that most people think it's fake because of how shiny it is. I think most people have not had exposure to 24K. The pieces you showed are absolutely gorgeous!

5. i do have 2 sets of traditional 24 carat gold jewellery the detailing is fantastis as is the colour but i have to say i really prefer 18carat it is just more modern and elegant looking

6. Ahhh the lovely Gurhan.

I love 24 kt gold and have previously used it in my gallery work. However, it was frustrating for me to see these amazing pieces I designed that would just sit and not be purchased because they were too expensive.

7. love them all. I enjoy my 24k bangles

8. I wear 18k and 22k and while I love the 22k pieces, I actually prefer the color of 18k.

9. I am used to 24k gold because most of my mom jewelry are 24 k and she refuses to wear anything but 24k. I agree t's so shiny and people aren't use to it often think it's fake..

10. I really don't like the shiny pieces; I like a satin finish.

11. I'm so confused how the 24K jewelry owned by you ladies (bangles, especially) stay in shape. I have a 24K ring and just the heat from my hands causes it to lose its shape because the metal is so soft.

12. I prefer the higher-karat gold work myself ... especially 24k. Most of the jewelry that I wear is either 22k or 24k (with the exception of some pieces which are either 22/24k & Platinum or Platinum by itself). I think I only have a few bangles which are 14k.

Thankfully, a lot of the artisan jewelers here in the States have decided that it's better to work in the higher-karat gold (such as Linda Lee Johnson, Gurhan, Yossi Harari, etc.). It certainly doesn't hurt that these folks give pieces to the celebs for special events ... so that generates interest as folks see the items displayed in all the magazines. I remember when Gurhan just started, and his work was such a bargain in comparison! Alas, once he started showing at the bigger retail stores (Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue), the prices of his work went up.

Someday, I want to go to India or Southeast Asia (or Greece, Turkey, etc.) because the prices there are much less than here, without sacrificing the beauty!

13. I don't have any 24 carat, but I have a few 21 or 22 carat piece. I love gold and the shinier, the better.

14. I lovvvve 24k!! I have many pieces that are made with it. I also have a bank box full of nuggetts!!!! I showed them to the little teller girl there, the look on her face was priceless! Can't go wrong when you buy gold!
    Here is a photo of what the DH picks up in his travels

27168-buying-abroad-i-love-it-img_4222.jpg 27172-buying-abroad-i-love-it-img_4226.jpg 27173-buying-abroad-i-love-it-img_4227.jpg
  15. I have multiple pieces of 24k gold jewelry. Every time my bf goes back to Singapore, he gets me a new piece. They are so beautiful and shiny. The only thing I have yet to wear is a pair of earrings b/c the posts are so thick. I can't even fit them in my ears!!