• 30 books

• 40 books

• 50 books

• 60 books

• 70 books

• 80 books

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm doing much better than I expected. I'm at 15, half way through my goal of 30. The fifty shades and hunger games are really helping up my total--they are quick reads and I'm flying through them!

I've finally ventured into this thread because I was initially intimidated by the idea of setting a goal for reading. lol

I have time if I make time.... but for some reason, it's easier for me to justify wasting an hour on the internet than spend it reading. Mostly because I hate putting a book down until I'm done reading it. If i start a book, I have a hard time putting it down and focusing on other priorities, so I generally just reread my favorites, because I can put them down easy, or I surf tpf because I can walk away.

Between work and a 2 year old, I just kind of gave up. (sigh)

I think I've read maybe 10 new books this year, but it "doesn't count" for me because they were super simple YA books my students recommended.

I put down 20 books, but I think I'll be lucky to get in 10 good ones... and I'll only have about a 3 week window between the beginning of summer and a graduate class I'm taking.

I went to good reads and i'm exploring now... add me! My name is the same there.

I've finally ventured into this thread because I was initially intimidated by the idea of setting a goal for reading. lol

I have time if I make time.... but for some reason, it's easier for me to justify wasting an hour on the internet than spend it reading. Mostly because I hate putting a book down until I'm done reading it. If i start a book, I have a hard time putting it down and focusing on other priorities, so I generally just reread my favorites, because I can put them down easy, or I surf tpf because I can walk away.

I think I've read maybe 10 new books this year, but it "doesn't count" for me because they were super simple YA books my students recommended.

I put down 20 books, but I think I'll be lucky to get in 10 good ones... and I'll only have about a 3 week window between the beginning of summer and a graduate class I'm taking.

I went to good reads and i'm exploring now... add me! My name is the same there.

added you :smile:

OK, I am so glad I revisited this thread.
Finished my book!
Now on to the Nook, I borrowed 2 eBooks from the library and they are due in a few days.
Got to get busy!

I think this still counts. You read something! Went from start to finish.
Hope you enjoy whatever it is you delve into!

I'm half way through my 2nd book. I feel like a big slacker compared to you ladies.

Nah, as long as you are reading. Good for you, all of us really.
I am a notoriously slow reader, it wasn't always like this, but it is now.

My library only loans eBooks for 7 days, I can never get it done, then it just *disappears*!