2005 Apple Green City NWOT

1. There's a consignment shop near my house that is selling a brand-new Apple Green City w/ AG boobie as a set, for $1500 (total w/ tax). I'm kind of torn as to whether to get it.

Any advice?

I was so tempted, as the color is so vibrant and the bag's new, so there's nary a speck of dust on it. BUT the price is way over retail, and AG might be really hard to match w/ clothes...

Help!!! I'm torn! :shrugs:

2. I can help you - YES - get it! :amazed:

3. WOW-- sounds like a good deal for a brand new apple green including an apple green boobie...rare boobies alone can go anywhere from 200 -300's...

You can always get it, try it out, and if not easily sell it if it doesn't work out for u!

4. Ummm, YEAH! and a city with a boobie for $1500 sounds about the same as retail :yes:
    Absolutely go for it if you can afford it! and please post pictures for us to :drool: over!

5. Thanks SO much for the advice, Ally! I'm really having a hard time here, guys...

The color is so, well, bright, do you guys think it will look dated after a while? I'm afraid that because it's from 2005, people will say, oh, she's still carrying an old bag? Does that sound wierd/crazy? I just want to be sure as, for me, 1500 is a lot of money...

6. Thanks guys, also for your advice...

BTW: In my consignment searchings, I also located a sky blue mini-twiggy ($795) and a 2005 turquoise mini classique ($400-something) at various shops. They're too small for me, but in case someone's looking for these, just pm me.

7. Get it woman! If you don't someone else will, quick!

8. apple green bags really make a statement. i like carrying mine while wearing all black (which is pretty often). but $1500 is really an investment for something you may not carry everyday. i don't think the color is dated, but i do wonder what some people think when they see it.

but to find a mint condition apple green bag...*and* boobie...that's really rare!

9. WOW!! That's an awesome price for these two mint items! If you can afford them GO FOR IT!! If they don't do the thing for you, you can always turn around sell them on eBay and make a small profit. From what I understand AG is selling really high lately and boobies well... you know how rare they're becoming...

10. yes, get it as asap before it is gone. there was one on eBay the other day that sold for over $2000 and the handles were a little darken.

11. Do you love the color? I don't believe in the dated notion, buy and enjoy what you love! And, if you are just not comfortable, I have seen an apple city go for way more than that (I think there is one or two for sale now), so it's a great investment! I personally think the ag is sooo stunning! :heart: :heart:

12. Bella, thanks for the advice, I feel lucky to be able to hear from someone who has one... I was thinking that besides black, white, and grey, it would not go w/ anything else in my closet... :sad:

But like you said... it's a new AG for goodness sake :nuts: :heart:. IMO, one of the most beautiful colors Balenciaga has ever created... I'm afraid that if I pass it by I'll be smacking myself in the head later...

But then again it is $1500...

Argh..... :sweatdrop:

13. I really don't think you should worry about people saying you're carrying an old bag. It's not like a piece of clothing that has a cut and style that can get outdated. A color is a color, especially on a timeless Bbag, just make sure it's a color that can work for you.

14. You know what else, guys?

I initially was going to get it this afternoon. I talked the guy into giving it to me for $1300, went to the bank to get the money, and when I got back he said he had phoned his boss, who told him that he couldn't sell it for less than $1500... :crybaby: So I told him I had to think it over...

15. ^^ lol, i can help too, give it to me!!! :roflmfao: