20 yr old Gucci in need of TLC

1. Hi! Just a quick question.... My mom found her Gucci bag (looks like Dr. Bag) from 20 years ago and wanted to use it again but found that the material next to the handle had ripped. Do you think if I take it to a Gucci store they will be able to fix it for her? She doesn't have the receipt anymore.

If pictures are needed let me know and I will try to post them. TIA!

2. Here are some pictures of the problem area

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. If you take it to a Gucci bontique I'm sure they are more than willing to help you. But they can't fix it at the store, they will have to ship it out and charge you. It also depends on how bad the damage is. GOOD LUCK!

4. OMG that bag is gorgeous!!! I love majority of the Gucci vintage, they are just beautiful. I hope they can fix it for you...otherwise it would be a waste of a beautiful bag...keep us updated!

5. Went to Gucci today and they sent the bag out for a repair estimate.:tup: Hopefully it won't cost to much to fix. I know my mom really wants to be able to carry it. I'll let you know what happens.

6. Hi! I know it has been a while but I wanted to let everyone know that the bag finally came back and you can not even tell that it was fixed. My mom is soooo happy with the outcome (and so am I, it might be mine one day...lol)

7. wow. that's great news!!!
    did the repair cost a lot though?

8. It cost about $120.00. IMO not bad at all

9. Glad to hear Gucci was able to fix the bag and it didn't cost too much.

10. Great story and nice to hear that my new Guccis can be repaired in the future if they need it. Can you post pics of the repair?

11. great story!!! it has a sense of sentiment in it...esp when its ur turn to carry the bag passed on from yur mom...glad to hear that it worked out fine :smile:

12. I will try to get some pictures of it soon:tup: