2.55 reissues-225 purple? 226 navy?

I agree with stacyef about how navy goes with so many more outfits, especially those involving jeans.

I was deciding between a dark silver and navy, both in size 226, as well. Ended up buying a dark silver coz I like the color better.

would love to get a navy blue one day though

difficult question ;) personally, i went with the navy but then my SA told me that purple is oh-so-hard to find and that swayed me a little! i do think the navy will be much more usable though.

[N]-[J][O][Y];5363174 said:
I agree with stacyef about how navy goes with so many more outfits, especially those involving jeans.

I was deciding between a dark silver and navy, both in size 226, as well. Ended up buying a dark silver coz I like the color better.

would love to get a navy blue one day though

I compromised! I got the dark silver 226 and went with a WoC in the metallic navy. Already have a metallic (less metallic, though) dark navy Marc Jacobs quilted Stam bag that I carry a lot and it does well with abuse (like my throwing it on the floor in the corner of the aerobics studio of the gym all the time, where other people may drag it out of the way to make room for their own stuff); otherwise, I'm not sure which 226 color I'd have chosen.

Stacy

aww...good luck choosing a color. personally i don't like the 226 size (haven't seen the new updates in the size; i was told the 226 now is btwn a 226 & 227 this spring) but get what makes you happiest! I haven't seen the navy, but when I tried the 225 purple, it made me smile so I bought it. Also it was the last one, so it was hard to pass up on. I guess it was meant to be since I just happened on it. :smile: I'm not really concerned if it "matches" my stuff. Purple goes with lots of colors!

Navy bags come and go all the time....Purple's not a colour you see from Chanel everytime:smile: I got the 226 Purple..but as someone mentioned i would not get 225 in purple wud prefer Navy cause of the size:smile:

This is a tough one. I love both of these colors, but I agree with most posts above. You will probably get more use out of the navy since it is the larger size and therefore more suitable for daytime or casual evenings out, whereas the purple reminds me of a clutch 'type' of purse since it is so small and most appropriate for evenings and/or special events.
I still prefer the purple since it is such a beautiful color and not produced every season.

I owned both bags in the exact size & color. I must say the met navy is much more practical in terms of not having to think too much on what outfit it best matches with. The met purple is simply eye-catching and plays off very well with trendy/dressy apparel. If I can only choose one, I would keep the navy bcoz the color is very 'convenient' for me to wear. Everyone's preference is different and you should ask yourself which one do you find more use of. Unless, your intention was to purchase this bag as sth that you would only use occasionally. Hope this helps.