1st purchase - help

1. Hi All!
    I'm new to the forum and a newly obsessed individual with all things Chanel. I was a Gucci addict before but lately it's just not quenching my thirst.

I need some suggestions on my 1st Chanel purchase and also I live in Canada and since our dollar is really strong right now, I guess it's cheaper with the exchange rate to buy in the States.

Which bag should I get?
    and I was also thinking of the following:
    -Classic Caviar Medium Flap
    -Classic Caviar Jumbo Flap
    -Classic Caviar Jumbo Tote

Could anyone give me an idea in prices in the States?

Thanks so much for all your help!!
  2. The medium classics in caviar are currently $1995 with a 25% price increase scheduled for November first. The jumbo is about $200 more.
  3. caviar jumbo flap. practical, hold tons and its a classic.
  4. agreed!:yes:
  5. I agree with the above. You can't go wrong with a caviar jumbo flap.
  6. another vote for jumbo! everyone loves the jumbo flap in this forum :roflmfao:
  7. I tried the jumbo yesterday and I'm a little unsure about the length of the straps. It seemed a bit long and I'm not used to having my bags sit that low.
    I almost wish the straps were the medium flaps length.
  8. I love the medium because I don't carry around a big wallet.. It depends on what you want to use it for - everyday or just for outings..
  9. I'm looking for an everyday bag and another outing bag.
  10. Jumbo is a great size. You can shorten the straps by tying a ribbon:yes: But if it bothers you then i guess you'll just have to go with the Medium. You should buy the bag you love (feel most) coz otherwise, you'll just end up regretting it. Good Luck!:smile:
  11. jumbo classic flap ALL...THE... WAY!!
  12. yep i agree, i do this with my jumbo sometimes and IMO it looks a lot better when the straps are shorter! My vote is definitely for the jumbo flap! :yes:
  13. I say either the medium or jumbo. Size depends on what you feel more comfortable with.

My cousin (male) really likes to see petite or really slender women wear larger bags. NOT that this should mean anything to us since we should get what we want but anyone agree with him?
  14. I say go with the jumbo...I think you'll get the most use out of it due to its size.
  15. Depends what size bag you need. Do you already have a lot of larger bags? Then I would get an evening/errands bag like the medium. But if you're looking for a bag to put more things in, I would go Jumbo. I like the look of the medium better but the jumbo is more practical.