1st post: Dumb question re: Pronunciation

1. I've been lurking here for a while trying to scout out a nice bag to buy for my wife. It's been educational and I find myself much more aware of what kind of purses women are carrying around town. You have a very interesting web sub-culture here. I post on some wristwatch collecting boards, which tend to be almost entirely male variations on this. I think it's great to have a community based on a passion for a thing that 90+% of the public consider as just an everyday object.

So here's my question and I'll keep it short. How do you pronounce Botkier? Is it two syllables or three? Is the R pronounced or is it like a French "key-yeh" sound?

TIA

2. I don't actually know the answer to your question but I am so happy to hear that you are looking at handbags for your wife! If my hubby could understand that kind of thinking....ahhhhh. What a nice guy you are! Someone will answer you soon I am sure. I am schooled on Vuitton and Balenciaga, not Botkier.

3. actually not a dumb question mama...i hate to hear people mispronounce designer names

makes it sound like theyre trying too hard

I believe she is Monica "Bah-key-yay"

hope that helped...(or made sense:biggrin: )