1st Hermes, 3 on hold, 1 questioned...what to do???

they're so different -- i think it may depend on how you plan to use it. i love, love, love my kabana (raisin chevre :heart: ), and i love the LOOK of the pm masai -- but just sold mine because it didn't work for my life. the kabana is great for carrying a lot -- it's a perfect work bag for those of us who refuse to carry a briefcase. the masai is beautiful, and i had it in the most beautiful olive color -- but it didn't hold enough for me. i could pack a lot into it, but then it bulged too much, and it wasn't quite wide enough at the top to get magazines or papers into it easily. but it would be great to bee-bop around town on the weekends. unless i were shopping, and then i'd wan't the kabana to tuck small purchases into.

Emanu1016,

Were the Massai bags at the NM in Troy?

I tried a GM Massai and was shocked when I didn't like it. Last week I tried the much more common PM Massai. I thought it would be too small, but it wasn't. It also wasn't heavy and didn't hurt my shoulder like the GM did. I don't know anything at all about the Kabana, but I've adored the Massai since the ladies here brought my attention to it, and trying several on in the Dallas H boutique made me feel lots better about the bag. It's a great, interesting bag...and really, really soft and squishy, too. It looks great on me at 6 ft, and just as great on cute, tiny, petite women too.

gga, Yes, the Massai is at NM-Troy.
I wish the NM had more bags. They had some wonderful bags, but had that bag in maybe that one color!! I wish there was a boutique closer, it's so hard to make the jump witout seeing all the options. I really don't want to pick my first Hermes without loving everything about it (color, leather, etc.).

Madame, Do you have pics. of your bag?? I'd love to see a pic. if you do with the swift leather.

Dressage, Thank you for help....I loved the Massai, but I wonder if it will fit my needs, since I have a little boy and carry a lot of his stuff around all the time. I keep thinking Kabana

Kallie, I do really like the Dogon, if I could only find it in a rich red color, or green...something a little shocking :graucho: