11% off at Macys

1. Just wanted to let you all know that if you visit a Macys in a different state you get a coupon for 11% off your purchases for either 5 days or we were told an entire month. I was just in N.Y. and was able to use the coupon to get my friend some Coach stuff they happen to have a LV store also and they said it applied to LV also.

Happy Macys Shopping:yahoo:

2. I always forget about that discount. They do it at San Francisco Macy's as well. Thanks for posting.

3. That's good to know. I will have to remember that since our hotel is not far from Macys

4. Disney16, which Coach bag is that in your post that you're getting? It's pretty!

5. Interesting, how do you get this coupon? Do you show a license with an address from out of state? We're visiting SF too later in the year, so I definitely plan on some shopping!

6. Are you sure it applies to LV? Because I thought it said that it doesn't in the back of the coupon....

7. I am postive it applies to LV I asked the sales person in LV because I was going to get the Alexandria Wallet and wanted to know if the coupon would work.

8. Can you please explain how this coupon works? I've never heard of it before.

9. It doesnt apply to LV, it's specifically stated in the back of the coupon, "excludes lease departments".

And even if the SA said so, the register won't accept the coupon when the SA rings it up with the LV item. The SA didnt know what he was talking about

10. It's a "Visitor's Pass". You go to the customer service desk with your out-of-state license (though this depends on the customer service rep because some require that you're not from the country) and ask them for the pass. It's good for 5 days but as long as the SA doesnt write the date on the coupon or if the SA ringing it up doesnt notices the date, it's limitless

11. Basically, it is a welcome savings pass that is valid for up to 5 days from the first day of use or until the expiration date, whichever comes first. You can get them at any Macy's that has a visitor center. I think you just have to show them your out-of-state ID to get it. The 11% applies to regular and sale handbags and apparel. I know that Coach & Dooney are included. Hope this helps.

12. :yes:

13. Thanks. Its the new denim signature stripe satchel. I can't wait to go and get it on Saturday. :yahoo:

14. This is good to know. We need a sticky section for these types of "tips". This and the ordering from Saks NYC and avoid sales tax tip can save you lost of money. Mods, can we setup something up?

15. The Bloomingdale's in NYC does this, too. I don't know about any other locations. I remember getting it and on the back was a huge list of exceptions.