05 Black Classique BIN 795

avery said:
I have a first and a city in black and I use them and love them both--but I am a "black bag" kind of girl! ;)

I'm a First lover. I think it's my favorite style. And I love black, too! However, not to be disloyal or anything, but I'm kinda toying with trying to find a YSL Mombasa in black...so that's why I'm not manic about this one, although I could totally be happy with one of this vintage, if I can't have the Ultimate Black First (UBF).

I've got my heart set on getting a black City as my first Bbag after lurking around in this forum, cos

1) Like Avery, I'm also a "black bag" girl, and
2) I want a bag big enough for all the crap I lug around. :yes:

But then I checked out this thread.. and now I'm wondering if getting this black First will work for me too!

Sadly, there's only 1 Balenciaga store in Singapore, and I haven't the luxury of actually having the opportunity to feel the leathers of years past. As such, I don't know if buying an older bag will be even better than getting a brand new one from the store.

:hrmm:

Opinions? :blink:

bbagbubba said:
Yeppers, cuz I asked her to! Now someone's bid, which really seems silly to me. It was such a delicious and fair BIN. It will prolly bid up to the BIN anyway, and so much trouble and time! Arrrgh!

i had asked her for pics of the bales too , i was peeved when someone put a bid in as i was going to BIN, she said she wants to see the auction through now ( i asked her if she would still sell at the BIN price )
obviously the bales are only one of several ways of authenticating a b bag, but everyting else looks good to me

ladyisobel said:
i had asked her for pics of the bales too , i was peeved when someone put a bid in as i was going to BIN, she said she wants to see the auction through now ( i asked her if she would still sell at the BIN price )
obviously the bales are only one of several ways of authenticating a b bag, but everyting else looks good to me

I'm sure this auction will go higher than the BIN now. It's really pretty!:heart:

Pupsterpurse said:
I'm sure this auction will go higher than the BIN now. It's really pretty!:heart:

You got that right, pupster-girl!
A word to the wise, if any Newbie Ebayers are reading this: if you see a decent, fair BIN on a Balenciaga bag, JUST BUY IT. You are doing no one, including yourself, any favors by bidding the item up, inch by excruciating inch, hoping to get a bargain. You're just going to make the seller's day, at end of auction!
Sorry, just had to get that off my chest!

Nymph said:
I've got my heart set on getting a black City as my first Bbag after lurking around in this forum, cos

1) Like Avery, I'm also a "black bag" girl, and
2) I want a bag big enough for all the crap I lug around. :yes:

But then I checked out this thread.. and now I'm wondering if getting this black First will work for me too!

Sadly, there's only 1 Balenciaga store in Singapore, and I haven't the luxury of actually having the opportunity to feel the leathers of years past. As such, I don't know if buying an older bag will be even better than getting a brand new one from the store.

:hrmm:

Opinions? :blink:

Hi Nymph,
I think alot of us, especially those new to Bbags, or those of us with less $$ than taste (that would be ME!), have "settled" for bags, based on price, or just because one turns up, and we just have to have one: NOW! I recommend that you either wait for the bag you REALLY think is best suited to you to turn up on Ebay, or just buy the one you want retail. Sometimes, with popular styles and colors, you're just as well served to buy from a retailer, as you'll save little money buying on the secondary market.

bbagbubba said:
You got that right, pupster-girl!
A word to the wise, if any Newbie Ebayers are reading this: if you see a decent, fair BIN on a Balenciaga bag, JUST BUY IT. You are doing no one, including yourself, any favors by bidding the item up, inch by excruciating inch, hoping to get a bargain. You're just going to make the seller's day, at end of auction!
Sorry, just had to get that off my chest!

I totally hear you on that!:yes: It's like their totally deluded into thinking that they are saving some money(in some cases it's like 100 difference!!!Those are the worst)by not hitting BIN and will win it at the first bid.

I've also asked the seller to send pics of the bales last night (well it must be afternoon for her)...
I've checked this morning : she answered me that she put pics in the auction...but as you noticed there was a 0 feed back bidder (Bbagguru) so the buy it now was gone:crybaby: ...
Last week I've missed a magenta purse (and always Bbaguru :crybaby: ) and finally the seller prefered to accept an offer ...

Am I e-bay cursed ????

fromparis said:
I've also asked the seller to send pics of the bales last night (well it must be afternoon for her)...
I've checked this morning : she answered me that she put pics in the auction...but as you noticed there was a 0 feed back bidder (Bbagguru) so the buy it now was gone:crybaby: ...
Last week I've missed a magenta purse (and always Bbaguru :crybaby: ) and finally the seller prefered to accept an offer ...

Am I e-bay cursed ????

I know how you feel, fromparis! To ease your mind, another forum member already asked this seller if she would re-instate the BIN, and apparently she declined. So it will be an auction until the end!
I had a mini-rant in a previous post, about people bidding when there's such a great BIN, so no need to go over that again!
Good luck, if you decide to bid.
ps: she says she will only ship to US tho--are you really in Paris? Maybe ask her first, if you haven't already.:flowers:

Yes :yes: I'm really in Paris, and the seller was OK to send the bag in France...
But I think I won't bid on the bag : I would prefer to have a brand new one from F06...I'm not very comfortable with e-bay...so when the price is high,I'm not very brave:wtf: ;) !!!

Thanks very much for your advice Bbag!! :smile:

I went down to the B boutique on Friday after work, and got to check out the Bbags for the 1st time ever! :shame: :shame:sad:amazing how 1 can want a bag SOOOOO much just by viewing pics and reading about them TOO often!)

Anyways. I'm def gonna pass on Firsts... Cos while I'd thought I'd wanted a City, I know I'm def a Work girl now! :yes: I guess I should have realised that being 6", a First is gonna look soooooooooo teeny on me! :shame:

Feel so embarrassed about not even knowing what I want. :blush: :blush:

avery said:
I have a first and a city in black and I use them and love them both--but I am a "black bag" kind of girl! ;)

That's what I'm planning to have in my collection too: black First and City! I already have the First, just need a City next. ;)