04 Lilac = 08 Pale Magenta?

Murphy66, your 04 bags are gorgeous!!! :drool:

Ladies, I own an 04 lilac, and I have seen the 08 magenta IRL, and sorry to burst your bubble, they are in no way alike.

Here's a pic of my amazingly gorgeous old Lilac 04 and I think the color is captured pretty well here. I haven't seen the pale magenta but I'd really think it would be more pink than this. And then rose 04 next to it. I doubt these are really helping anyone but at least they're pretty! I do think the new one will be smack in the middle of these two.

2085271228_cfdc4d8f9b.jpg
2054141126_7176e30d53.jpg

Lovely photos/bags, Murphy! They are both gorgeous, gorgeous and more gorgeous! That lilac twiggy is just TDF. :heart::heart::heart:

Here's a pic of my amazingly gorgeous old Lilac 04 and I think the color is captured pretty well here. I haven't seen the pale magenta but I'd really think it would be more pink than this. And then rose 04 next to it. I doubt these are really helping anyone but at least they're pretty! I do think the new one will be smack in the middle of these two.

Gorgeous bags.Your pics of the lilac were taken inside with flash, right? The lilac pitc that I compard to the new pink was taken outside in the sulight just like the Petal pink was. I think when you compare these bags to realy compare, you have to take the pictures in the same lighting. You can't compare inside with flash to outside in sun. do you have a picture of your lilac taken outside, natural sunlight? Here is a picture of same year as yours taken outside.

Lilac is the back one, the small superimposed square is the new Pink, both pics taken in natural light, with sun.

109-0949_IMG.jpg

^^No, I don't have the bag anymore and I don't have any outside shots.

When I look at my pic on my laptop at home, my pic looks too lavendar/purple. The color IRL is definitely more pinkish.

I just saw pics in the Magenta 08 thread and the pic of the First in particular DOES look like Lilac! And Deana's pic too.

Thanks, Lovely and Roxanne!