Home > >

Why do my skirts ride up?? And how do I stop it?

POST A REPLY

Feb 11, 2010, 12:57pm   #1
PixieGirl
Whenever I wear skirts, they ride up. I bought a perfectly fitted pencil skirt, the darts in the butt fit perfect and the waist fits well but it rides up so I have yet to be able to pair it with a shirt tucked in b/c it keeps going up slowly.

All my skirts do this unless they sit on my hips. I don't feel I am getting my skirts too small. How can I stop this?
Feb 11, 2010, 1:29pm   #2
c
cutiepie21
Trying going up a size or two.
Feb 11, 2010, 1:34pm   #3
Liya
I have the same problem. Is your waist very small (in comparison to your hips) by any chance?
Feb 11, 2010, 4:18pm   #4
stephc005
this happens to me all the time, and i think it's because i have a small waist and no meat on my hips. i haven't really found a way to stop it but with certain style skirts (like a denim mini) i'll size up and it helps a little.
Feb 11, 2010, 5:21pm   #5
MsCandice
I think you have to go up a size to accomodate your hips and you may have to tailor the waist.
Feb 11, 2010, 10:11pm   #6
juneping
couch potato-ing
can you use a belt??
Feb 12, 2010, 2:44am   #7
lvpiggy
feels like pigsomnia
pencil skirts ride up when they are too narrow below the waist; the fabric naturally seeks the path of least resistance and moves toward the narrower part of the body (i.e. the waist). if you also notice horizontal creasing across the front hip area or significant riding up when you sit down, it is definitely due to poor fit at the hips.

the best way to resolve this would be to purchase the next size up and then have the larger skirt taken in. make sure the tailor does not just take it in from the side seams, otherwise you'll be right back to the same problem. what really needs to be done is for the excess fullness at the waist to be distributed evenly between the darts and taken in there

HTH! (^(oo)^)v
Feb 12, 2010, 3:50am   #8
caterpillar
^i agree with piggie completely. i have the same problem too, but a lot of the times i'll just pull it down since it doesn't ride up that badly.
Feb 14, 2010, 7:02pm   #9
lcs
i completely agree w piggy
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >