Home Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe

What to wear with gray tights?

POST A REPLY

Feb 29, 2008, 10:53pm   #1
I bought a pair of DKNY charcoal gray tights this winter, and I still haven't worn them! I haven't tried too many outfit ideas from my closet yet. I'm just not sure where to begin. What color shoes and skirt do you wear?
Feb 29, 2008, 10:59pm   #2
W
I just bought a pair too. I would like to know also.
Feb 29, 2008, 11:08pm   #3
Is charcoal gray a dark gray or lighter gray? Either way, I guess black or navy are safe bets.
Mar 1, 2008, 12:04am   #4
I just wore my grey Spanx tights today :)

I pair them with anything black. I really don't like wearing black tights with black outfits..I feel like I'm going to a funeral or something..too much black!

Today I wore a black ralph lauren mini dress with the grey tights. I also have a jade-green Forever 21 mini dress that looks lovely with the grey tights. Oh and i have a navy jumper + cream sweater combo that goes with the tights as well.
Mar 1, 2008, 12:15am   #5
I wore my charcoal wool Wolford ribbed tights for the first time today. I wore them with my marc by marc jacobs black pleated front high waisted shorts, a white michael michael kors tee, black patent CL Iowa peeptoe mary jane heels and my new washed silver (more of a pewter) SWORD shrunken leather bomber. I accesorized with a LAMB watch, a huge black flower ring by Guess and my black Chloe Betty bag.
I have never tried the tights with shorts combo but it worked. Try it. I think it looks cute on just about anyone.
Mar 1, 2008, 9:15am   #6
I love wearing grey tights with my levi's denim skirts...
Mar 1, 2008, 10:01am   #7
What about shoe colors? Do you just wear black leather? What about heel types? Most of my heels are pointy w/skinny heels from 2.5 - 3.5".

I tried on the tights last night, and they're a very bluish purple hue of gray. I am disappointed! Are your gray tights truly charcoal or do they have an undertone of another color? I have a pair of Ellen Tracy wool sweater tights that are truly charcoal gray, but since they are wool, they are kind of itchy. I will have to wear another pair of tights underneath!
Mar 1, 2008, 10:03am   #8
C
Black, pinks, different shades of grey...I think you could pretty much wear anything with them. I think grey goes with just about any color.
Mar 1, 2008, 11:00am   #9
IMO I would try to avoid a very pointy toe pump but that's only my personal preference. I think peep toes are cute with tights but some disagree with this too. Round toes would be nice. I wear ankle booties with tights and a dress all the time. I think almost any color shoe would work but try to keep an obvious color scheme or combo going. The thickness of the heel doesn't matter too much. It's just a matter of whats "in" at the time.
Mar 1, 2008, 11:02am   #10
I like to wear my grey tights with my black slouchy flat boots.
Mar 1, 2008, 11:34am   #11
aka Minal :)
I have gray tights (from Spanx), and the they look fabulous against jewel tones IMO (a plum sweaterdress, something royal blue, navy, emerald), etc. I like the color combination of navy, gray and chocolate brown, if you want a more subdued, sophisticated color palette (great for work). Otherwise, you can definitely rock the gray tights with black! I would probably add some fun accent colors somewhere in there (a red bag, for example, if you are doing black with gray), to break up the monotony.
Mar 1, 2008, 12:31pm   #12
b
http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/ The Sartorialist has quite a few photos of women wearing grey tights.
Mar 1, 2008, 12:36pm   #13
I love grey tights! I think they go with everything that black goes with, and they're a bit fresher and great for spring!
Mar 1, 2008, 12:51pm   #14
Black mini dress/babydoll dress and black ankle boots.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe