Home > >

Was this statement blazer a mistake?

POST A REPLY

Aug 9, 2013, 7:11am   #31
b
beggarbaby
why not?
The Kenzo.

I do like the crazy. . I'm less into the more girly floral print ones that are showing up in stores, though I suppose the Miu Miu is floral...

I should also say in general I haven't been the biggest blazer person but I'm thinking about trying it for everyday looks. I have a cropped navy eyelet blazer for dresses and more formal occasions and a wintery dark red tweedish blazer. I guess I tend to like texture instead of solids.
Attached Images

Last edited Aug 9, 2013 at 7:26am.
Aug 9, 2013, 7:15am   #32
Princess Pink
I have two floral blazers, a navy/white (thin) striped blazer and a bright magenta blazer which I consider my 'statement' blazers.....the rest are solid netural colours (black, navy, beige, white).
Aug 9, 2013, 6:24pm   #33
e
ennna
Originally Posted by beggarbaby
Those are neat but not quite my style. I do have a bit of a crunchy, silly streak so the textured cotton of this one appeals to me. It was also only $80, so it's not meant to anchor my wardrobe forever or anything. I do like the idea of crazy prints a la Miu Miu fall '12 or the Kenzo eye print this fall but those are way out of my price range!

Do you guys own any statement blazers? What are some statement ones that you do like?
I think you should return it and buy another one you're sure about. Bold prints actually aren't that hard to match. This one is though... and I don't like it (but that shouldn't matter to you). You could check Topshop and H&M (the trend line), they will definitely have some prints.

I don't have any bold printed blazers, I like them but just didn't ran into one I liked. I do have a bright purple blazer I love and a lot of cream/pastel colours (fitted and boyfriend), but I want to wear them with dresses and skirts which are usually not that quiet, so this is more practical for me. I would buy a bold printed one though.
Aug 10, 2013, 12:35am   #34
AEGIS
lettin' them have it
Originally Posted by itsTylerReese
Not a good statement blazer IMO. It doesn't really say anything. It's kind of just middle of the road and boring

you know i thought the same...that it's weird that something with so many colors could actually be quite boring
Aug 10, 2013, 9:54am   #35
kayti
It looks good on you!
Aug 10, 2013, 12:04pm   #36
timelessbeauty
At first when I saw the picture of the jacket I didn't like it at all, but I loved the way it looks on you! It's actually fitted and doesn't look goofy at all.
Aug 10, 2013, 9:32pm   #37
M
MissMercedes
Account Deactivated
Yeah I would return it.. it's just a bit odd looking and there are so many other better statement blazers out there.
Aug 11, 2013, 12:55am   #38
lovemysavior
Acting My Wage
Have you tried it with wearing a black tee and some black skinny jeans as well?
Aug 11, 2013, 1:38am   #39
Jayne1
Working Canvas
It looks really good on you!
Aug 11, 2013, 4:44pm   #40
b
beggarbaby
why not?
Originally Posted by lovemysavior
Have you tried it with wearing a black tee and some black skinny jeans as well?
For some reason I think it looks really weird with black. Too much contrast? If was okay with a navy dress though...
Aug 12, 2013, 6:19am   #41
OlgaMUA
Style is Eternal
It looks really good on you... However, if it was expensive, i would return because a jacket like that isn't that versatile (as you are finding out) and it's too memorable. As opposed to a solid color.. S thst limits how many times you can wear it before people think "that blaxer.. AGAIN?"
Aug 13, 2013, 2:10pm   #42
b
beggarbaby
why not?
I'm okay with it being my signature, as goofy as that is. :)

It was $80 which I don't think was too expensive but I guess definitions of expensive vary. I'm also hoping it will go on sale soon so I can get a price adjustment!
Aug 13, 2013, 6:27pm   #43
OlgaMUA
Style is Eternal
For $80.. Keep and have fun with it
Aug 13, 2013, 9:52pm   #44
b
beggarbaby
why not?
Thanks for the opinions, everyone!
Aug 20, 2013, 7:27am   #45
Loubspassion
If it's not too late I would say return it. It looks better on than on the hanger for sure, and I would probably pair the jacket with darker denim and booties or sky high heels in a bolder color than peach or grey that are funky and edgy, but now come to it, I actually think it looks boring. A better statement jachet would be of brighter colors and maybe bold florals. Like pink orchids on white satin with some blue or lilac/purple smaller flowers around the pink orchids...
Haha my imagination is running wild here....
Hope this helps anyway.
Cheers
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >