Home > >

Upscale clothing brands for teenagers?

POST A REPLY

Dec 14, 2007, 11:46pm   #1
x
xosweetie
What are some brand for teenagers that are stylish and high class (i really like french brands..and non-chain store brands)?
I ahte seeing teenagers wear adult brands though like burberry, chanel, dolce...it feels weird. Maybe in 5 years I'll be able to wear those brands comfortably.

For example, kids and babies have bonpoint and Pamp'lune...how about us teens? It seems like we're stuck in between kids and adults.
Dec 15, 2007, 1:00am   #2
sonya
I think the contemporary department is geared towards younger people, brands like Marc by Marc Jacobs, Joie, Laundry, etc.
Dec 15, 2007, 10:38am   #3
ohdahling
Well I'm a "teenager" (16) and I absolutely love high end "adult" clothing, e.g. chanel, dior, chloe. However, you'll find alot of these brands do run a younger line, some of my faves are;

*Miu miu
*See by chloe
*Marc by marc jacobs
Dec 15, 2007, 1:07pm   #4
I
ItsMyWorld
I think the constemporary department blurrs the line between teen and adult (ie Diane von Furstenburg and the like) and I think they can be worth by both.

Why not look at D&G, Marc by MJ, Armani Exchange, FCUK, Juicy Couture (non-track suit related)? I think clothes are what you make of them. Yes, some brands in general cater to "older" women (think St. John) but mix and match is key. I think that is less important than what the brand actually is. So long as it works and you love it, but it. It doesn't have to be a name brand to be "teen clothing".
Dec 15, 2007, 7:53pm   #5
snoopylaughs
I agree that the line between teen and adult are blurred, and I second French Connection.
And really, everyone's body and personal style are all different, so the brand wouldn't really matter particularly.
Dec 15, 2007, 8:05pm   #6
JCinwrppingppr
Wow..I think there's TONS of great stuff out there for us teenagers. Cusp, Barneys Co-Op, Shop Bop and Revolve Clothing have a lot of stuff suitable for us..things like Laundry, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Alice & Olivia, Betsy Johnson, Catherine Malandrino, M by Missoni, Nanette Lepore, Ralph Lauren Rugby, etc.
Dec 15, 2007, 10:21pm   #7
exquisite09
i agree with contemporary.
see the brands that revolveclothing.com carry
they can definitely be worn by teens/young adults
Dec 17, 2007, 6:15pm   #8
margaritaxmix
Shoppertunistic ღ
Definitely Marc Jacobs, Ralph Lauren, Burberry and Chloe... IDK if Juicy Couture counts, but there's a lot of that too. And of course the designer jeans...7FAM, True Religion, etc. Not really the "highest" fashion, but still more than the average Abercrombie.
Dec 17, 2007, 8:20pm   #9
Couture_Girl
i am 18 going on 19
I dont know if your looking for a store to shop at or not, but I love CUSP. Neiman Marcus owns it, and they have almost all the brands that are popular upscale teenage brands
Dec 28, 2007, 5:58pm   #10
Plain&Simple
JR Dressage Queen
My closet is a mix. I have designers like Nicole Miller, Ralph Lauren, a few Dior pieces, but for school I definatly stick with Abercrombie, Hollister, etc. Its affordable, comfortable, fits great (Love their sweaters) and I dont have to worry about getting stuff on it at school.
Dec 28, 2007, 6:05pm   #11
cherry pie
see by chloe is my fav i love mui mui too
Dec 28, 2007, 9:44pm   #12
ahs483
free people! they make great clothes for teens as well as older women!
Dec 29, 2007, 2:24pm   #13
Shopaholicxxx
I wear Ralph Lauren , some juicy , abercrombie and in the Uk theres a clothes store, quite a preppy style called jackwills, i shop there. And franch connection! For jeans levis and seven
Dec 31, 2007, 8:32am   #14
margaritaxmix
Shoppertunistic ღ
Originally Posted by Plain&Simple
My closet is a mix. I have designers like Nicole Miller, Ralph Lauren, a few Dior pieces, but for school I definatly stick with Abercrombie, Hollister, etc. Its affordable, comfortable, fits great (Love their sweaters) and I dont have to worry about getting stuff on it at school.
I totally agree! Your closet sounds like mine, lol!
Jan 1, 2008, 3:37am   #15
californiaCRUSH
Glamazon.
My favorite is probably Marc by Marc Jacobs because to me, it has that fun teen thing along w/ some class.

I don't really focus on a specific brand though, I just go to department stores and see what I like. I'm not into brands on ym clothing so it doesn't really matter to me who made it.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >