Home Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe

The One(ish) A Month Club

POST A REPLY

Jul 6, 2013, 10:13pm   #1336
JDN
Originally Posted by flower71
Lovely shoe collection JDN! You sure know how to shop ... I love all of it, seriously:)! Ok, you are above the onidh a month but you are getting slightly there, no?
Thanks flower :) Lol....it always happens like this....when I say I will try to be good, something happens and I end up going crazy for that month....

Like last month I told myself no more Balenciaga jackets....and I got 3 the very next week!!!!

But this month....I will try harder lol
Jul 6, 2013, 10:28pm   #1337
Originally Posted by COPENHAGEN
Wow, beautiful Chanel
Thanks!
Jul 6, 2013, 10:30pm   #1338
Originally Posted by JDN
Love all of your purchases!!! :) congrats!!!
Thanks! Especially like your new tributes! So comfy and pretty at the same time. And the valentinos are adorable!
Jul 7, 2013, 11:18am   #1339
Originally Posted by JDN
I totally failed at this for June....here are my June purchases....funny thing is...I know I bought 13 pairs of shoes but I cannot remember what the 13th pair is or even where it is, for that matter!!!!

Introducing:

Valentino Rockstud espadrilles
YSL tributes
Alexander Mcqueen sandals
Chloe Susanna in Nude
Chloe Susanna in Blue
Isabel Marant Jenny boots
2 pairs of Tom's
Golden Goose sneakers
Lanvin ballerina flats
Marc Jacobs loafers
Manolo Blahnik loafers

Balenciaga Maxi Twiggy in tangerine
Balenciaga Moto in lipstick

Attachment 2246457Attachment 2246458

Hoping that July will be a better month....
Wow! Since shoes don't really count, you are good

I'm done for July already, I bought a really nice Belstaff white wool sweater I know I will wear for ages. It is very simple, great quality, I'm happy. Usually, if I have even a hint of a thought of returning something, I know I shouldn't buy it. Not this time
In June I've got a couple of Nina Ricci silk tops on sale and nothing else.
Jul 7, 2013, 12:11pm   #1340
Originally Posted by BagsNBaubles
These were my two pieces for June: a camel coat for winter & a dress for a wedding I've got to attend next month. Now that we're at the mid point of the year I can definitely say I've filled a lot of holes in my wardrobe and getting dressed is so much easier. The only "needs" I have left on my wish list are a black coat, the nude Prada pumps, a pair of dressy black booties, and a new wallet. Not sure what my shopping plans are for July!
I love camel coats so much - the cut and style of this one is perfect. Great pick!

Originally Posted by Sunnyday23
This is a great idea! Been heading in this direction for a long time now. And finally my closet is starting to look really good as smart purchases have accumulated. Have to admit though, I haven't been strict about one purchase per month.

May was a big month for me as I celebrated a big milestone in my life so I treated myself to some big purchases that I've been wanting for a long time. You know, that imaginary list of ideal closet purchases. So, for May I went for my first RO leather jacket.

And I also found one other item on my dream list. Here it is: Attachment 2246974
Your picks are amazing - congrats on treating yourself. The bag and coats are TDF.

I almost bought nothing this month since I was in the midst of moving...but the last day of the month I was all settled and popped into Saks and J. Crew. I got this ombre pink Shoshanna dress that I'll wear to a few summer events. I also decided that when buying a dress like this, I need to make room for it in my closet. I had a five-year-old dress that I loved to pieces, but it was a white dress and it was a bit discolored and had a small coffee stain on the front that just wouldn't budge. So I gave that away and have replaced it with this dress, which I can pair with flats for a nice brunch or heels for dinner out. A versatile summer dress, it's a great replacement. I also got this pink J. Crew dress for work (80% off) and since the deal was so good I picked up this neon orange shirt - it's super soft and looks great paired with white capris. Another fun summer staple. So three things, but I said I would be doing one-ish for sure, and since one purchase is for my work wardrobe I didn't feel too bad going one over. July I definitely won't do well based on the purchases I have planned, but I'm trying to keep it as scaled down as possible! We shall see.Name:  ImageUploadedByPurseForum1373217092.127287.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  5.7 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPurseForum1373217102.519969.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  8.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPurseForum1373217111.140458.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  10.8 KB
Jul 7, 2013, 12:21pm   #1341
lettin' them have it
I was in this club....
Jul 7, 2013, 9:00pm   #1342
Originally Posted by cmm62
Your picks are amazing - congrats on treating yourself. The bag and coats are TDF.
]
Thanks so much!
Jul 8, 2013, 1:42pm   #1343
loves pink!!!
Originally Posted by cmm62
I love camel coats so much - the cut and style of this one is perfect. Great pick!

I almost bought nothing this month since I was in the midst of moving...but the last day of the month I was all settled and popped into Saks and J. Crew. I got this ombre pink Shoshanna dress that I'll wear to a few summer events. I also decided that when buying a dress like this, I need to make room for it in my closet. I had a five-year-old dress that I loved to pieces, but it was a white dress and it was a bit discolored and had a small coffee stain on the front that just wouldn't budge. So I gave that away and have replaced it with this dress, which I can pair with flats for a nice brunch or heels for dinner out. A versatile summer dress, it's a great replacement. I also got this pink J. Crew dress for work (80% off) and since the deal was so good I picked up this neon orange shirt - it's super soft and looks great paired with white capris. Another fun summer staple. So three things, but I said I would be doing one-ish for sure, and since one purchase is for my work wardrobe I didn't feel too bad going one over. July I definitely won't do well based on the purchases I have planned, but I'm trying to keep it as scaled down as possible! We shall see.Attachment 2248164Attachment 2248165Attachment 2248166
Love the Shoshanna dress!
Jul 8, 2013, 4:12pm   #1344
Góðan Daginn
Originally Posted by AEGIS
I was in this club....
I pretend I'm still in this club.
Jul 8, 2013, 5:09pm   #1345
loves pink!!!
Originally Posted by Myrkur
I pretend I'm still in this club.
Haha me too. Today I bought the Celine leopard espadrilles I have been wanting since before they came out! I wish that I had gotten them sooner! My other July purchase is the Isabel Marant Etoile Ankara fluffy jacket that I posted above. July is my birthday month so I guess these are birthday presents to myself? Name:  ImageUploadedByPurseForum1373321345.004484.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  43.4 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPurseForum1373321394.315069.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  43.4 KB
Jul 8, 2013, 5:10pm   #1346
loves pink!!!
Oops Name:  ImageUploadedByPurseForum1373321428.724050.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  69.5 KB
Jul 8, 2013, 6:50pm   #1347
Originally Posted by jellybebe
Love the Shoshanna dress!
thank you! i'm going to have a lot of fun wearing it this summer. I laughed so hard at your "oops" post - reminds me of when I get home with a shopping bag in my hands, I say the same exact thing to my fiancée
Jul 8, 2013, 10:01pm   #1348
J
I thought I was going to have a zero month for July, but I ended up with a haul from Gap because I was concerned that they were phasing out my HG jeans (I needed a smaller size anyway. ). So I got:

3 pairs of jeans (HG in dark wash, medium blue cropped, striped cropped)
2 pairs of workout shorts (the comfy cotton knit kind)
1 pair of calf hair leopard flip flops (so cute with nail polish)
1 striped tank (slenderizing )
1 super soft heather gray tee shirt (flowy, like silk)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  44.2 KB

Almost everything was about half off, and I only spent about $200 for 8 items, so I don't feel bad. I was happy with the quality of everything. Each item filled a missing niche in my wardrobe.

Jul 9, 2013, 2:03am   #1349
JDN
Originally Posted by lucywife
Wow! Since shoes don't really count, you are good

I'm done for July already, I bought a really nice Belstaff white wool sweater I know I will wear for ages. It is very simple, great quality, I'm happy. Usually, if I have even a hint of a thought of returning something, I know I shouldn't buy it. Not this time
In June I've got a couple of Nina Ricci silk tops on sale and nothing else.
Lol....well if shoes don't count, then does that mean I was good in June? haha
Jul 9, 2013, 7:00am   #1350
flower71
Originally Posted by AEGIS
I was in this club....
haha, I am also in...I haven't put down in writing what I got last month, oops...more than one I guess
POST A REPLY
  HOME Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe