Home Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe

the ~*~ ANTHROPOLOGIE ~*~ thread!

POST A REPLY

Sep 21, 2009, 8:32pm   #1
I am becoming quite addicted. . .
I find really great classic, staple pieces that have cool updated twists and details to them!
I go probably every 2 weeks to see the new stuff and can't leave w/o 1-3 pieces :s

I'll post my few most recent pieces, please add links/pics to items you love!
I love to see what others are diggin'!
Sep 21, 2009, 9:17pm   #2
Gimme Gimme Gimme
I used to work for Anthro and while I have enough printed skirts to clothe a small country (and I probably have, I did a big charity clean-out)... I still pop in for their sales.

In my experience, the house brand knits don't hold up as well... but they carry lots of outside vendors as well, and they are can be bought for a steal when they become marked down. The usual first mark down is around 50%.

The last thing I bought from Anthro were a pair of booties off their website. They are the Framework Booties by Schuler & Sons. Amazing quality and I am so happy I bought them. The shoes can be hit-or-miss, but fortunately you aren't really out anything if you order them and they don't work. The stores will still take online returns even if they don't normally carry the item.
Sep 21, 2009, 9:20pm   #3
Lynnsanity
I am also addicted! Do you go to the Northpark store? Its always so busy there. I have a *secret* one that I like going to. They always have tons of stock.

I bought these things last week:

And bought this a few weeks ago and love it so much!

Attached Images

Sep 21, 2009, 9:36pm   #4
Moody and gray
OMG Swanky, that is so weird you posted this because I am LOVING Anthro these days! I've even been scoping eBay for some older pieces, because they are just soooo pretty. Can't wait to see what everyone is getting (also love UO, but have to be careful.....some of their stuff is too "young" for me)
Last edited Sep 21, 2009 at 9:40pm.
Sep 21, 2009, 10:07pm   #5
Gem! I bought that grey top on sale yesterday!!! getting it out of the bag today is what made me want to start this thread!
I shop at the SLake store usually, how about you?

Here's some of my most recent purchases:
Attached Images

Sep 21, 2009, 10:07pm   #6
and this from the summer:
Attached Images

Sep 21, 2009, 10:42pm   #7
Originally Posted by Gimmethebag
In my experience, the house brand knits don't hold up as well...
Which ones are their house brands? I can't tell among the tops that I own. I do notice that some of them pill.
Sep 22, 2009, 12:50pm   #8
Love your purchases Swanky!
Sep 22, 2009, 12:56pm   #9
I just bought 4 tops from there and a pair of jeans while I was in Chicago..I will take some pics :)
Sep 22, 2009, 1:12pm   #10
Oooooh, I wanna see!

I also LOVE their metal hair clips, LOVE them!
Sep 22, 2009, 2:27pm   #11
Lynnsanity
Swanky! There is a southlake store?!?!?! I need to go there. I shop at the Willowbend store most of the time.

Also you bought the cardi I've been stalking. I dont think its at my store yet. Tell me all about it, is it TTS?

Sep 22, 2009, 3:32pm   #12
Let's see what I have in my saved pics...none of my Anthro clothes were actually purchased there, but instead were bought second-hand. The dress is by Harkham and the sweater I can't remember....but it is an Anthro brand. Just realized that the sweater pic sucks!!! So sorry...
Attached Images

Sep 22, 2009, 3:51pm   #13
yes and the SL store is fab IMO! Bright so I can actually see and pretty big. It's right next to Apple and a MetroPark is opening 2 doors down one direction and Rock & Revolt 2 doors the other way
I shop @ WB when I go to that mall! In fact, I'll likely go this Thurs or Fri!

I LOVE that sweater. Let me go see what size I got, brb. . .
Sep 22, 2009, 4:01pm   #15
Sorry I had to cut and paste :( but these are the tops I bought...since its hot year year round...Im always excited to find things even in the fall season!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe