POST A REPLY

Dec 22, 2010, 8:06am   #16
Originally Posted by Perfect Day
Papertiger - your Hermes scarf and sable addition is perfect. In fairness to you, people have become famous for much less! Hockley do some fabulous furs, I have been a few times myself (their website is rubbish though). Anyway, I digress.
Thank you PD

I agree the Hockley website is rubbish - BTW they also sell some of the more 'casual' furs through Matches now

Love the first one - that little jacket would do me

Dec 22, 2010, 8:40am   #17
Originally Posted by DeeDeeDelovely
OMG! This thread is like butter. Can't help but sing: Santa Baby slip a Sable under the tree for me

it really is beautiful!
Dec 22, 2010, 8:55am   #18
s
couple years ago I also managed to snag a vintage Sable little bolero coat similar to Beyonce. The person who sold it to me didn't know what it was she said it "looked like Sable" but it wasn't. When I took it to my furier, he was like oh my--It's Russian Sable and worth thousands! I think I paid $100 or $200 something like that.

I just bought a 3/4 sheered black Seal with fox trim coat and I have a full length sheered mink.

Love em in winter!
Dec 22, 2010, 12:46pm   #19
Yes, tell me about it! You can really find some great things if u take your time to look around. I will get around to some pics shortly. I love, love the first pic of Beyonce, that jacket is beautiful!

Originally Posted by papertiger
Luck was in town the day you found that gem

I would love to see
Dec 22, 2010, 1:40pm   #20
Anyone have a Barguzin??????
Dec 23, 2010, 7:32am   #21
s
^Stunning.
Dec 23, 2010, 10:25am   #22
Originally Posted by Julide
I would love a Sable vest...Thanks for the pictures Birkin101!!!!
why do you so often post what i am thinking!

birkin101 - thanks for more delicious pictures! love all your efforts.
Dec 24, 2010, 1:00pm   #23
maryme

Both excellent examples
Dec 24, 2010, 9:13pm   #24
Just had to enlarge this...simply gorgeous! I am so glad this thread picked up!

PS: I have tried to buy a coat in Barguzin sable about a month ago, even went to Siberia of all places (that's where I was born). I could not believe my eyes they wanted triple for the coat than what I was quoted in Canada. Most of the stores did not carry it as they consider it too expensive(no one apparently can afford it) and it's only available for special order. Was it ever gorgeous....I tried it on....it was light as a feather....still looking for a better deal though.
Attached Images

Dec 24, 2010, 9:18pm   #25

OOOoooppps Birkin 101 I was too busy looking at the pretty pics I didn't read the 'small print. Obviously I am NOT a celebrity/socialite/public figure. Just little ol' me

It is a Hockley London Sable though
Papertiger, all pictures are welcome!!! Especially if you have such a gem, cannot hide it. Thanks for sharing!!!
Dec 24, 2010, 9:25pm   #26
Few more to keep everyone entertained...

Attached Images

Dec 24, 2010, 9:30pm   #27
Anyone have a Barguzin??????
That's the one I want. I was told it's the one that comes from Siberia and the only other place they get sable from is Canada. Barguzin is the most expensive one though, it's much darker brown and comes with silver hint(almost like grey hair) throughout.
Dec 24, 2010, 9:34pm   #28

Attached Images

Dec 24, 2010, 9:40pm   #29

Attached Images

Dec 24, 2010, 9:45pm   #30

Attached Images

POST A REPLY
  HOME Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe