Home Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe

MAXI DRESSES...What Shoes to wear with?

POST A REPLY

Mar 2, 2010, 2:09pm   #31
v
Great color! I would wear flip-flops or a nicer pair of sandals if you were trying to dress it up a little bit.
Jun 17, 2011, 7:49am   #32
I would do flip flops or else wedges, really depends on how "dressy" the maxi dress is... IMO
Jun 18, 2012, 5:33pm   #33
H
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by armanigirl
I just purchased my first maxi dress today (plain green color). I never thought i'd actually buy one but I'm really short (5'0") and this one was the perfect length for me so i HAD to get it! anyway...do most of you wear wedges with them or just flip flops? I really don't know what shoes to wear maxi dresses with!

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...rl07/maxi1.jpg
thats not "short" even in the usa, the average woman is 5'4"

Most women in the world are below 5'7"! models arent known for beauty! they look like 7 foot tall teenage boys.Look up marilyn monroe,vida guerra,kim kardashain,shakira,Marika fruscio,mulher melao,mayra veronica,coco austin,Sarah lime,Monica santiago,Arab,latina,italian,armen*ian,etc women! all these women are not tall I listed either!! actually, shorter women have more estrogen which explains curves!
Jun 18, 2012, 5:35pm   #34
H
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by Amberini
I have always wondered this, I'm a shorty too. I guess formally they look good with strappy heels and not so good with pumps or platforms. For a casual look I would say flip flops (gold would look great with that dress) or gladiators.
LIKE I SAID
Most women in the world are below 5'7"! models arent known for beauty! they look like 7 foot tall teenage boys.Look up marilyn monroe,vida guerra,kim kardashain,shakira,Marika fruscio,mulher melao,mayra veronica,coco austin,Sarah lime,Monica santiago,Arab,latina,italian,armen*ian,etc women! all these women are not tall I listed either!! actually, shorter women have more estrogen which explains curves!

Anywho! it depends on the look youre going for! no rules at all!
wear flas/flip flops/wedges,heels/etc
Jun 19, 2012, 8:35am   #35
Normally I would say flat sandals or thongs for a maxi but from the photo, your dress looks too dressy for flats, I don't think flats are night-time appropriate......I would get a dressy wedge for this dress, the heel doesn't have to be too chunky.

But if your bfriends party is in the day, dressy flat sandals would be the way to go.....
Jun 19, 2012, 9:51am   #36
I usually wear flip flops

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum
Jun 19, 2012, 5:04pm   #37
M
Maxi dress with flip flops is too much “coming from the beach” theme for me. Gladiators will bring a Roman motif to the outfit. Flat sandals, something with a bit of bling I think would be cool option.
Jun 20, 2012, 12:30am   #38
I know this thread is about shoes and maxis but do any of you layer on top? I ask bc I finally bought 2 maxi dresses but am a little self conscious to wear it. Ever since I had kids my underarm area became darker and my chest grew 2 sizes. I just feel so busty! I don't really like the cardigan look for the summer....maybe a chambray shirt or a scarf tied at the ends and worn like a bolero/cardi?? Would that look ok? Tia
Jun 20, 2012, 9:08pm   #39
Originally Posted by I.WANT.IT.ALL
I know this thread is about shoes and maxis but do any of you layer on top? I ask bc I finally bought 2 maxi dresses but am a little self conscious to wear it. Ever since I had kids my underarm area became darker and my chest grew 2 sizes. I just feel so busty! I don't really like the cardigan look for the summer....maybe a chambray shirt or a scarf tied at the ends and worn like a bolero/cardi?? Would that look ok? Tia
I'm 5' and 32G bra so I'm quite busty. Sometimes I do camis w/ the thin straps but mostly I do bandeaus.
Jun 20, 2012, 9:48pm   #40
c
IMO, maxis look best with flat sandals... I love wedges but have never worn one with a maxi.
Jun 21, 2012, 12:19am   #41
Originally Posted by missanne

I'm 5' and 32G bra so I'm quite busty. Sometimes I do camis w/ the thin straps but mostly I do bandeaus.
Thanks. Is a bandeau fit like a sports bra? Flattens you out and makes your bust look wider on the sides? Thanks
Jun 21, 2012, 1:04am   #42
Ais
Plus-Size Blogger
Wedges for those who want more height, flats for those who don't. Personally I love the look of maxi dresses with wedges, but I'm 5'9" and adding another 3 inches with a wedge isn't always something I'm interested in doing.
Jun 21, 2012, 1:29am   #43
Q
Ballet flats are nice to wear with them too.
Jun 22, 2012, 10:19am   #44
Originally Posted by I.WANT.IT.ALL

Thanks. Is a bandeau fit like a sports bra? Flattens you out and makes your bust look wider on the sides? Thanks
The one's I have don't. They're really soft and stretchy.
Jun 22, 2012, 1:29pm   #45
superficial quirk
I do not like to see casual maxi dresses with heels. I prefer wedges, flip flops and sandals.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe