Home > >

MAXI DRESSES...What Shoes to wear with?

POST A REPLY

Jun 22, 2008, 2:01am   #1
armanigirl
I just purchased my first maxi dress today (plain green color). I never thought i'd actually buy one but I'm really short (5'0") and this one was the perfect length for me so i HAD to get it! anyway...do most of you wear wedges with them or just flip flops? I really don't know what shoes to wear maxi dresses with!

Jun 22, 2008, 2:04am   #2
sweetpea2
you can do anything! flip flops, gladiators, heels. depends on the look your going for
Jun 22, 2008, 10:05am   #3
BagLuver
I love maxi dresses! You can wear flip flops or wedges with them! Whatever suits your mood, and the look you are going for.
Jun 22, 2008, 10:08am   #4
PHENOMENON
Under the pine
i wear them with flip flops and they look good with gladiator sandals. I personally would not wear heels with them because I prefer a laid back look with maxi dresses
Jun 22, 2008, 10:10am   #5
Amberini
Amber Jessica
I have always wondered this, I'm a shorty too. I guess formally they look good with strappy heels and not so good with pumps or platforms. For a casual look I would say flip flops (gold would look great with that dress) or gladiators.
Jun 22, 2008, 11:01am   #6
socalgem
Fabulous
I also think flip flops, wedges or gladiators are great choices.
Jun 22, 2008, 11:04am   #7
Jahpson
flip flops. on some dresses you cant see the feet
Jun 22, 2008, 1:00pm   #8
I
ItsMyWorld
I'm pretty tall so I have to wear flats. I wear my Lanvins.
Jun 22, 2008, 3:09pm   #9
armanigirl
thanks everyone for your input! it seems as though everyone says flip flops! which is great! however when i tried on my dress yesterday and i was wearing flip flops, it wasn't so flattering on me, maybe it's b/c i'm so short lol..i haven't tried it with wedges yet but i hope it will look good with them!! i'm gonna try with some gladiator flats i bought the other day also...
Jun 22, 2008, 3:24pm   #10
M
MissM
I love maxi-dresses... I'm short, but I feel tall wearing them

I usually wear them with gladiator flats - or wedges... Depending on the length of the dress....
Jun 23, 2008, 10:54am   #11
lolitakali
I was just out to TGIF yesterday with DH b/c he wanted to take me out since he got home late. Just thrown on my Maxi (free people - rainbow floral on dark brown "very hippie looking") and a pair of old thongs (leather flip-flop low wedge) that is kinda "japanese looking" and I am off.

I do love Maxi dresses (have a black Missoni Jeans jersey one (semi-shiny/silky) that still have to be worn), thinking of maybe getting another "casual" looking Maxi to add to my collection.
Jun 23, 2008, 12:00pm   #12
Melanie
Compulsive Shopper!
Wedges for sure!
Jun 23, 2008, 12:23pm   #13
armanigirl
ok so i tried my maxi dress yesterday...and tried it with my gladiators (they are dark brown with gold hardware) and DID NOT LOOK good together :( then i tried it with some other heels i had and didn't look good...i tried it with my wedges and it looked okay..i think i will go with just regular flip flops b/c everything i tried looked wierd with it!!! :( i think b/c it's not long enough to cover the heels when i wear them and it doesn't look right....i think i will have to buy one thats longer so i can wear them with wedges :)
Jun 23, 2008, 2:02pm   #14
galex101404
where did you find this dress? I am also 5ft and i have been looking for a maxi dress what would fit my height! Thanks a lot!
Jun 23, 2008, 2:05pm   #15
armanigirl
hey! i found it at wet seal for only $21 +tax =) you can go to www.wetseal.com and it's under dresses. it also comes in yellow. oh and it ties in the back...
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >