Home Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe

Leather leggings- yay or nay??

POST A REPLY

Jul 18, 2012, 7:25am   #106
E
Thanks for making us aware. I think we get the point. Actually I would like it if I knew that animals were not unethically hurt in producing my leggings. The problem is that the manufacturers, such as H&M, Zara, Goosecraft, Joseph etc, most of the time dont know where the leather comes from and therefore cannot guarantee anything.

Back to the topic! I think the leather leggings will not go out of fashion for the next season! I have seen the leather leggings on the catwalk the last seasons, but also for the coming season. I would recommend it.

However please inspect your leggings well before you decide to keep them. I had many problem with different brands of legging, for example one of the the leather tore (at the hem), and the other one the leather tore on my butt. Leather (as thin as it is on the leggings) is very delicate material, therefore dont buy them too tight. Keep the receipt...

Originally Posted by hexomega
And I said I was against leather in general when? I was specifically talking about leather leggings, which are relavent to the thread. If I wanted to make an anti-leather thread, I would. I didn't expect anyone to even reply to my comment but apparently it is not okay to be against leather leggings/pants for ethical reasons, gotcha. It's only okay to be against them if you just dislike them and don't state your reasons. Makes perfect sense.

Sorry, I forgot that this thread was exclusively for people that love them and all other opinions are unwelcome.
Jul 18, 2012, 2:06pm   #107
P
Originally Posted by cakegirl
I have a leather problem! I really like it. I have leggings, 2 skirts- a shorter one and a pencil, a leather and wool tee, and an off white leather dress that is really cool.
Another leather collector here too :-)
Jul 18, 2012, 2:31pm   #108
HERMÈS n' Louboutin
i just ordered a Sara Berman skinny leather pant from the Outnet sale. i hope it fits me good as i am short and petite. it's deep sale price is too hard to pass.
Jul 18, 2012, 4:07pm   #109
J
Originally Posted by kristinlorraine
i just ordered a Sara Berman skinny leather pant from the Outnet sale. i hope it fits me good as i am short and petite. it's deep sale price is too hard to pass.
Just peeped Outnet for those and they are all sold out of my size :(

Enjoy yours!
Jul 18, 2012, 8:20pm   #110
Acting My Wage
I just ordered some too. I ordered two different sizes to see which ones fit best. I didnt want to order one and then it not fit. I am excited to get them!
Jul 19, 2012, 1:28am   #111
On the point as to whether or not they are gear to stay, I too am sure they are - at least for a few years. The runways are still featuring them heavily as mentioned above.
Jul 20, 2012, 4:36am   #112
Originally Posted by lovemysavior

I just ordered some too. I ordered two different sizes to see which ones fit best. I didnt want to order one and then it not fit. I am excited to get them!
Just checked the website..... Those are some fabulous discounts! I'll have a proper look later and, hopefully, save myself loads of money by spending loads of money!! :-) you get my logic right?
Jul 20, 2012, 3:36pm   #113
P
Originally Posted by cakegirl
I have a leather problem! I really like it. I have leggings, 2 skirts- a shorter one and a pencil, a leather and wool tee, and an off white leather dress that is really cool.
I've been after a cream leather dress for ages. I own a black one and used to own a mahogany colored one. I have sent some that I like at Warehouse (online) but I adore this Mendel one - but I don't want to spend so much on it.

Sorry to go slightly OT guys.
Attached Images

Jul 20, 2012, 3:55pm   #114
My cream leather dress is by Theory from last year. I love it!
Jul 20, 2012, 5:31pm   #115
Acting My Wage
Originally Posted by Flip88

Just checked the website..... Those are some fabulous discounts! I'll have a proper look later and, hopefully, save myself loads of money by spending loads of money!! :-) you get my logic right?
Now the leggings are cheaper so they gave me store credit for the price difference.
Jul 20, 2012, 11:14pm   #116
HERMÈS n' Louboutin
Jul 20, 2012, 11:15pm   #117
HERMÈS n' Louboutin
Originally Posted by Juby
Just peeped Outnet for those and they are all sold out of my size :(

Enjoy yours!
Originally Posted by lovemysavior
i ordered the XS as per their sizing advice but it's still loose on my waist but tight on my legs. sadly, it's on clearance so i can't return it.
Jul 21, 2012, 1:25am   #118
Acting My Wage

i ordered the XS as per their sizing advice but it's still loose on my waist but tight on my legs. sadly, it's on clearance so i can't return it.
I didnt even realize if they ran small. I vary in size depending on the cut and material so I hope at least one of the two sizes fits me. I am really looking forward to wearing leather leggings this fall.
Jul 21, 2012, 8:35pm   #119
Off and on topic, I am a vegetarian and vegan at times and I just ordered the Sara Berman leather pants from The Outnet. I just saw the extreme discount price and checked out, never had the desire to want leather pants but hopefully they will fit.

I know to some I am not going by my beliefs but I try my best to do my part when it comes to eating, wearing and using animal products but its very hard in this day and age. Case in point, I would not even be able to drive my car nor DH's because of the leather seats.
Jul 21, 2012, 8:59pm   #120

Oh no! I ordered a size up because I have athletic/bigger thighs. I often have problems with skinnys because of this. Crossing fingers they fit.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe