Home Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe

Leather leggings- yay or nay??

POST A REPLY

Aug 5, 2012, 10:31pm   #196
aegis the leather ones you ordered look perfect- let us know how you like them!

I personally prefer real over faux leather- only because I'm a sucker for soft, luxurious leather (that's why I'm a bal gal!) And I really love leather in unexpected places (i.e. leggings, a top, dress, even shorts!) However, I have no experience with faux leather, so that may be just as nice.

Platinum- you make the your faux leggings look great, ultimately I think it comes down to the person wearing them that makes leather (faux or real) leggings look amazing
Aug 5, 2012, 10:49pm   #197
SPECTRUM MOM
These look great but I don't consider these leggings. To me they look like slim fit jeans or the cigarette style pants favored by Audrey Hepburn. I think they are wonderfully versatile. You can wear them like the model in the picture, or wear with flats or ballet slippers or even booties in the fall and a thick sweater. I say go for it!
Aug 5, 2012, 11:58pm   #198
i say yay. they can be super hot, you just have to find a pair that suits your body. I dont usually wear them for daytime wear but I have seen people do it and it looks great with a loose fitting top. If you like it, wear it!
Aug 6, 2012, 12:00am   #199
http://poutlipscurvyhips.blogspot.ca...-when-kim.html

Here are some pics of kim k in leather leggings...lol some look good and some not so good, but lets try to focus on the good and work with that
Aug 6, 2012, 4:44am   #200
p
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by AEGIS
I wonder how many pairs Kim Kardashian has?
According to her SS wardrobe she has around 9 pairs of full on leather leggings/trousers and a couple pairs of the AA and LNA wet look style leggings

Originally Posted by sunny07
I personally prefer real over faux leather- only because I'm a sucker for soft, luxurious leather (that's why I'm a bal gal!) And I really love leather in unexpected places (i.e. leggings, a top, dress, even shorts!) However, I have no experience with faux leather, so that may be just as nice.

Platinum- you make the your faux leggings look great, ultimately I think it comes down to the person wearing them that makes leather (faux or real) leggings look amazing
I totally agree that it depends upon the person, i think with me it is that i try to limit the amount of leather that i will buy, i really will only buy leather bags- not much else, so the faux leather option weighs far better on my conscience, and like i mentioned before- i have found them to be fine and they fit nicely to my body, and best of all of course is the far cheaper price, the pair i wore most recently (and posted in this thread) were only 5.00 in the sale, can't beat that

And thankyou for your lovely comment, you are so sweet xoxo
Aug 6, 2012, 5:03am   #201
I am hooked on this look for winter. Hopefully I can snag a pair soon :-)
Aug 6, 2012, 6:53am   #202
P
Originally Posted by juneping

def no faux leather...it doesn't breathe....from my personal experience i got bad reaction from non-breathable pleather...
ITA, pleather does not work for me either. Can be sweaty :-(
Aug 6, 2012, 11:30am   #203
Thank you

Originally Posted by chloe_chanel
Wow! You look amazing in yours (we're shaped similarly, so this assures me that I would at least look half as nice and you do in yours ).
Aug 7, 2012, 6:36pm   #204
I've been looking for some black leather leggings. I'm trying to decide between these two.

Vince
Name:  VINCE-WP104_V1.jpg
Views: 1168
Size:  14.6 KB Name:  VINCE-WP104_V3.jpg
Views: 1223
Size:  18.9 KB

Helmut Lang
Name:  0478533011488R__ASTL_300x400.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  10.3 KB Name:  0478533011488R__A1_300x400.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  9.5 KB
Aug 7, 2012, 6:53pm   #205
helmut lang all the way ... but then again, i haven't tried or seen vince...
but i can vouch for helmut's quality...

Originally Posted by sunglow
I've been looking for some black leather leggings. I'm trying to decide between these two.

Vince
Attachment 1824831 Attachment 1824839

Helmut Lang
Attachment 1824840 Attachment 1824841
Aug 7, 2012, 7:06pm   #206
Originally Posted by amacasa
helmut lang all the way ... but then again, i haven't tried or seen vince...
but i can vouch for helmut's quality...
Thanks! I ordered them both and I'm gonna keep the pair that works best.
Aug 7, 2012, 9:20pm   #207
Between these 2 specific pairs I prefer the helmut langs over the Vince, only because I dont love jeans styling on leather leggings. I like the more minimalist look. But I think it comes down to fit- quality wise, I would think you can't go wrong with either pair. Let us know what you decide!

Originally Posted by sunglow

Vince
Attachment 1824831 Attachment 1824839

Helmut Lang
Attachment 1824840 Attachment 1824841
Aug 7, 2012, 9:34pm   #208
couch potato-ing
it just looks like hemut lang has longer inseam and vince is normal length leggings...
Aug 7, 2012, 11:00pm   #209
balenciaga gaga :D
Originally Posted by icecreamom
And where are yours from? they look amazing
Thank you! I got them from H&M a couple seasons ago actually. They're faux yet every time I wear them people pull and pinch them because they can't believe they're not leather.
Aug 8, 2012, 3:57am   #210
flower71
All these mod pics make me need to say a HUGE YAY! You all look fab, and I had to think of you (ama, juneping and carolines mode to name a few) when I read the title of the thread...
Originally Posted by sunny07
Here are modeling pics of my vince leather leggings. I love them! The leather is just so soft and comfy. They're cropped, but on me they're the perfect full-length legging.

Excuse the awkward poses- these were originally mod pics for the purse.
I am glad you kept yours, totally rockin em

Originally Posted by amacasa
fun thread...
" I don't feel that an atmosphere of debate and total disagreement and argument is such a bad thing. It makes for a vital and alive field. "

Here is my old and trusty helmut lang leggings - these are half cotton/ half leather!
Originally Posted by caramelize126
I love leather leggings!

I also dont think you have to be super thin to pull them off. Kim kardashian has been wearing leather leggings on almost a daily basis, and when styled correctly, they look great!
For ideas on what to wear with them, I would look at Olivia palermo, i think she always looks fabulous with them!

Heres some of olivia:
Originally Posted by Kaypa
I think leather leggings are cool, so that's a yay from me. I've been wanting a pair Helmut Lang's leggings for some time now. Here's a picture of Caroline of Caroline's Mode. I think she looks great in hers!
I want a pair too...maybe on our meet we'll find a pair?I need to check the Jitrois though the price tag is quite unbelievable

Originally Posted by juneping
here's mine...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OGB4jqkxK3...0/DSC_0066.JPG
POST A REPLY
  HOME Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe