Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Jeans (and pants) that DON'T STRETCH out when you wear them.

POST A REPLY

Mar 24, 2011, 6:10pm   #1
beauxgoris
Lately it seems I have an epidemic of pants that start out looking great, but stretch out too much during the day.

Any recs for jeans and pants that don't do this?
Mar 24, 2011, 6:12pm   #2
Babydoll Chanel
Grammar Police!
J Brand jeans do not really stretch for me... TR does though!
Mar 24, 2011, 8:27pm   #3
marthastoo
Paige Premium Denim does not stretch at all.
Mar 24, 2011, 10:52pm   #4
MJISMYBF
Denim is my obsession. =] I've had really good luck with J brand jeans, (specifically the 914 cigarette, and their skinnies). I buy them just a little snug (size down if they 2% spandex or more) and by the time I have broken them in for like an hour they fit perfectly and don't stretch out anymore!

In general I find, with a lot of designer jeans I have, that if they are made of anything but 100% cotton they will stretch out a little after you wear them for more than an hour. So I always make sure they are a little snug (not uncomfortable) in the fitting room- that way they are perfect throughout the day.

It really does depend on the material/designer and DEF the cut/style. Some other brands that keep their shape (IMO) are J brand, Adriano Goldshmeid, Hudson Jeans, Paige, Current Elliott, and some citizens (depending on the style). True religions, Joes and william rasts tend to stretch out the most (for me) out of all my designer jeans.

Just bought some dylan george skinnies today- so we will see how they turn out! -Never tried them before!
Mar 24, 2011, 11:15pm   #5
beauxgoris
I should try J Brand it seems!
Mar 25, 2011, 12:39am   #6
randr21
Watch "The Cove"
j brand and hudson dont stretch for me.
Mar 25, 2011, 8:46pm   #7
f
futurewoman
I've had excellent luck with J Brand and recommend it to everyone (I mostly wear Pencil, and Ink is the best wash, IMO).

I only have one pair of Helmut Lang denim, but they also keep their shape really well.
Mar 25, 2011, 10:35pm   #8
nooch
Judge Roughneck
I know nothing about brands, but my time as a weird-shaped consumer and my time in retail has taught me that if you have no *** and find your jeans sagging where your *** is supposed to be, get jeans with a bit of polyester and spandex in them to help them keep their shape.
Mar 25, 2011, 11:40pm   #9
Swanky Mama Of Three
Jbrand!!!!!!
Mar 26, 2011, 12:53am   #10
etk123
Call me Kiki
Hudson!
Mar 26, 2011, 8:27am   #11
LVjudy
big purse, big heart
i love my jbrand 901s!!! i hv a few pairs and they all still look & fit great after much wear... on the other end of the spectrum i also like jeans from old navy, mainly their diva skinny jeans.
Mar 27, 2011, 3:51pm   #12
W
WAVEOFJOY
J Brand
Mar 27, 2011, 5:04pm   #13
monstar
jbrand. even their denim leggings barely stretch out. my hudson skinny jeans don't stretch either
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >