Up To 40% Off

Net-A-Porter

Up To 50% Off Designer Sale

Bloomingdale's

Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

HELP !what to wear to attend a wedding dinner right after my office hour?

POST A REPLY

Sep 10, 2008, 2:46am   #1
littlefish
I am invited to a wedding dinner in a 5 star hotel on this Friday night, the dinner stars at 7pm , which means I have no time to go back and have a change of my working attire.

So my question is , can you please recommend something that is suitable for my office wear and also to a wedding dinner? i am an accountant, by the way.
Sep 10, 2008, 4:10am   #2
PurpleD
In situations like this, I usually bring an extra outfit to the office, hang it in the cloak room, and then change in the bathroom just before I leave for the event.
Sep 10, 2008, 9:36am   #3
grayxie
NOMtacular!
^^^I agree.
Or you could wear a basic skirt to work, bring a dressy top, and shoes to change before you leave the office. But if it's as fancy as it sounds you may be better off bringing a dress with you to work to change later.
Sep 10, 2008, 12:51pm   #4
NYCBelle
oh so fabuleuse
the classic little black dress...just keep a cardigan on at work then when heading out take it off for the wedding dinner. also change your shoes.
Sep 10, 2008, 1:19pm   #5
pinkmitsy4
I agree with above..wear a black dress and then put on some nice accessories for the wedding. Or do a really quick change before going.
Sep 10, 2008, 8:50pm   #6
PrincessCayenne
I'm with the quick change method - you'll feel refreshed and out of work mode

I opt for an office without windows or the restroom to change
Sep 10, 2008, 9:03pm   #7
littlefish
Wow great idea!!, i 've never thougth to change in the office as this is my work place. But i like the idea to wear a black dress and change a pair of shoes for the night !1 thanks ladies!!
Sep 10, 2008, 9:43pm   #8
claireZk
^ You could also switch your jewelry to something more sparkly and formal, and transfer your stuff into a little clutch, if you want to look more "wedding-y." KWIM?
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >