Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Help! Wedding guest outfit and a miscalculation

POST A REPLY

Aug 9, 2012, 7:45pm   #16
b
blond@heart
Originally Posted by vhdos
I think that it's still fine. Just keep your accessories casual.
I agree. It's nice the wedding is in the fall and you picked a season appropriate outfit. If it had been a summer wedding and this issue come up, there is a bigger difference to be worried about with an outfit for a summertime wedding I think.

It's a beautiful pick too. Quite elegant.
Aug 10, 2012, 1:05am   #17
q
qookymonster
The dress is gorgeous! I think it's perfectly fine especially as you're the sister of the groom, i would think it's better to veer on the side of slightly over dressed than under.

Maybe you could wear nude/light colored shoes and similar light coloured purse to make yoir outfit a little more "morning". Have fun and congrats to your brother and future sis in law!
Aug 10, 2012, 3:18pm   #18
J
Jesssh
^^^ Yes, nude heels or sandals will make it more understated. If the accessories are small and limited and closer to your skin tone, it can be more "garden party". A small black clutch with nude heels would be OK too.
Aug 10, 2012, 6:14pm   #19
smurfet
I don't think it's too dressy at all. I actually think that because of the print, it's more of a daytime dress than evening- where dresses tend to be more solid colored and bejeweled. I also agree that it's better to be overdressed than underdressed, especially since you are family.
Aug 10, 2012, 10:28pm   #20
s
svenesaes
Okay, so we have a 100% consensus that yes, the dress will be okay! You all make great points in terms of recommended accessories, how I may have been overestimating the "dressiness" factor, etc. I feel much better now and will parade around the BBG with confidence (and with subtle shoes, bag, and maybe some small gold pearl earrings). Thanks to all, very much appreciated!
Aug 14, 2012, 5:18am   #21
Sophie-Rose
beautiful dress!! enjoy the wedding!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >