Home Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe

Help me decide on this motorcycle jacket :)

POST A REPLY

Jul 10, 2012, 11:14pm   #1
I have finally found a motorcycle jacket that is nearly perfect in my eyes. Now that I have this I am worried if i'll be able to pull it off since I generally don't dress very edgy. What is everyone's opinion on a motorcycle jacket?

Can this be a timeless piece or just another trend?

I''m wondering if it's just got too much detail. The right side has quite a bit of zipper action (you can only tell when looking at my side view) and the sleeves when not rolled up are a bit too wide for my taste. I dont mind the sleeves since i can either get them taken in or just keep them rolled up.

Opinions please :)

Jul 10, 2012, 11:21pm   #2
Keeper for sure!!!!
I love it on you - both this particular style and the fit on you.

Black leather moto jacket is a wardrobe classic, always stylish, some years more in fashion than others. Look after it and you'll wear it for years :)
Jul 10, 2012, 11:29pm   #3
Thanks Straight-laced. I was worried that there was just too much zipper action going on. I am on the safe side when it comes to style (even though i LOVE the look on others).
Jul 10, 2012, 11:49pm   #4
Originally Posted by mzshirls
Thanks Straight-laced. I was worried that there was just too much zipper action going on. I am on the safe side when it comes to style (even though i LOVE the look on others).

It is quite zippy, but to my eye not distractingly so.
Also the silver tone zips can give matte black leather a lift and give life to a plain jeans & tee & leather jacket combo

From an outsider's perspective this jacket really suits you, but if you're not comfortable with it and think that it won't work out in the long run, return it & keep looking! There's no shortage of black leather moto jackets to choose from
Jul 11, 2012, 12:10am   #5
I like the jacket a lot, looking for feedback to push me into a decision lol. I only have 5 more days to decide and will have to ship it back to Europe if it doesn't work.

So really hope I decide to keep so i don't have to pay the shipping back :)
Jul 11, 2012, 12:30am   #6
I love it. I agree the extra zippers can look tacky if not done right, but in your case it does not look cheap. Keep it!
Jul 11, 2012, 12:50am   #7
THanks xoxocat! keep the opinions coming
Jul 11, 2012, 2:01am   #8
I say keep it :]
It fits you well & I like the fact that it is cropped because if you chose to wear it w/ skirts or more casual dresses, the proportions will look better (if that makes any sense) :]
Jul 11, 2012, 2:06am   #9
I really like that on you, it's very flattering especially with the sleeves rolled up which makes it more casual and wearable.
I think the zippers are really nice and as xoxoCat said, it doesn't look cheap in this case.
Jul 11, 2012, 2:33am   #10
f
Loving it! Timeless chic. May I ask which brand/designer this jacket is from?
Jul 11, 2012, 2:39am   #11
^I think it's balmain

jacket looks great! Do you like that it's cropped? Do you like how it looks when it's zipped? :)

Jacket looks amazing in the pics! Love the hardware actually.
Jul 11, 2012, 2:40am   #12
and the shoulder thingies! LOL!
Jul 11, 2012, 5:06am   #13
it's a moto world ;)
I really like it
It does have many details but they are well balenced and it helps that the jacket is black. It looks great on you!
Jul 11, 2012, 7:31am   #14
I think your jacket looks amazing. In fact I cant stop staring at it while its on you. It fits you perfectly. I think your made for this jacket. KEEP IT! It's gonna stay trendy many years down the road.
It's alright to have something edgy in your closet. It can jazz up a plain dress or plain outfit. Tossing on this jacket can add a great pop to your outfit.
Jul 11, 2012, 11:58am   #15
Thanks everyone for the comments. It's really helping me with my decision!!! i'm 90% sure i want to keep it now, esp since shipping back plus export/import fees will be costly (got it from an online retailer in Europe)

Mas2388 you are good, this is balmain.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe