Home > >

Do women dress to impress men OR women dress for other women?

POST A REPLY

Feb 7, 2007, 7:24pm   #1
a
akdphiruby
What do you guys think about that concept? I honestly think that women dress for other women. Frankly, there is a subconscious competition. Yes, there are times in which women dress to impress men ... on dates, etc. But usually, I think women dress for each other.
Feb 7, 2007, 7:30pm   #2
Leelee
Up On My Toes!
Many years ago (I graduated in 1980) I majored in Textiles at the Univ. of MD. One of our classes was called "Clothing and Human Behavior". I so clearly remember that we learned that women dress for other women. I truly believe this is true, but in all honesty, I think I dress for myself. I have to look a certain way to feel good about myself. As for dressing to impress men....well, I don't think I've ever done that. None of the men I've ever known have a clue about fashion. :s
Feb 7, 2007, 7:33pm   #3
BagAngel
Louis Vuitton Addict
I totally think that women dress to impress other women, men rarely notice! Women are always eyeing up the competition
Feb 7, 2007, 7:43pm   #4
Danica
If I wanted to dress for men, I'd just wear tops that show off my cleavage, short skirts...lots of lycra... I think we'd all end up looking like Mariah Carey, no? We'd also all be spending alot less money on clothes as men do not know the difference between Manolos and Aldo shoes for example.
Feb 7, 2007, 7:44pm   #5
ms-whitney
shopaholic
i dress for me 99% of the time

the other 1% is usually for a guy e.g. skimming on top of clevage.
Feb 7, 2007, 7:45pm   #6
KatsBags
I heard a quote from Sophia Loren...I think. She said "women dress for other women and undress for men".
Feb 7, 2007, 8:38pm   #7
S
SweetCaroline86
Dressing for me=Women
So Leelee I do agree with the statement because I learned that too. It is a statistic in my psych book.
Feb 7, 2007, 8:39pm   #8
Pursegrrl
Oh no she di-int!!
Originally Posted by KatsBags
I heard a quote from Sophia Loren...I think. She said "women dress for other women and undress for men".
Niiiiiiiiice! Go Sophia.
Feb 8, 2007, 12:32am   #9
r
redhotfuss
i definately dress to impress other women. most men dont even recognize or care if youre wearing a fake or real this or that. women are so hard to impress, too, and it takes alot to get a compliment from another female. so i feel if i get a compliment from a woman, i mustve definately gotten something right that day. ha.
Feb 8, 2007, 2:43am   #10
cutestmomever
Sophia Loren is great... I do dress to impress other women.
Feb 8, 2007, 4:57am   #11
x
x joie
Definitely for other women! My roommate and I were discussing this the other day and we both came to the conclusion that men wouldn't notice a thing unless we were to walk around naked..
Feb 8, 2007, 11:13am   #12
a
ashlend
I dress for myself. So I guess that means for women.
Feb 8, 2007, 11:17am   #13
gemski107
I dress to impress other women when it comes to designer labels, i get satisfaction from bitchy girls being jealous of my LV or Chloe bag, or staring at my Laboutins!

I also get a teeny tiny kick out of a guy checking me out if I have a hot outfit on!
Feb 8, 2007, 11:25am   #14
BagLuver
Definitely for other women!
Feb 8, 2007, 11:44am   #15
zeitgeist4
I live for bags.
Originally Posted by BagAngel
I totally think that women dress to impress other women, men rarely notice! Women are always eyeing up the competition
I completely agree. Men wouldn't notice the little things that make an outift, like cute bag or shoes.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >