Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
POST A REPLY

May 22, 2009, 6:23pm   #16
tresjoliex
balenciaga lover
Originally Posted by tehkatt
This is going to be a rude response but it's my honest opinion. Just a disclaimer!

It's funny to read this thread because I was just telling my friend the other day that I totally judge people in denim skirts. I'm sorry! I really don't like them It makes me think of Abercrombie clad 16 year olds prowling the mall who think they're all a big deal.

I can't think of anyway denim skirts can look classy, it's just so casual I can get over it. Apologies if I offended anyone!
I agree. I don't like the Abercrombie look. But, if you look at the Miroslava Duma thread, she knows how to wear denim skirts.
May 22, 2009, 6:32pm   #17
uhkiwi
i have edun, antik, and true religion denim skirts and I luv them all. they are not too mini. i have never worn a distressed denim skirt and i don't wear the tight logo baby tees either.
May 22, 2009, 6:44pm   #18
b
bijou
i like them. i wore them throughout college because it got so hot there. i'm not a big fan of the denim mini + leggings for some reason.
May 22, 2009, 9:27pm   #19
Vinyl
I don't care that much for denim skirts, but I'd prefer they be minis. I can't stand them otherwise...
May 23, 2009, 1:37am   #20
SPOILEDkiwi
not a kiwi!
I don't think it's cute past college. But, I'm in NYC where people don't exactly have laid back style. I think if you live in California or someplace beachy it can be ok up until the late 20's.
May 23, 2009, 11:19am   #21
j
jclr
Originally Posted by PurseAddict79
I feel really lame now. I'm gonna burn my skirt when I get home. LOL

Now I'm going to defend myself:
I work in a professional environment, so I never get the chance to dress down (even "casual" fridays is jeans and a dressy top). So on the weekends when I'm going to tan and get my nails done and go grocery shopping, I put on my denim skirt. Its not like I'm wearing it when I go OUT out.

Ok, I feel a little better. Don't judge me!!
PurseAddict, I hope you didn't burn your skirt. I think there are women older than high-school age who can rock a denim skirt. It's all about dressing appropriately, right? I think most people know what they can pull off and what they can't.

I have three denim skirts-one pencil cut, one A-line and one mini. I don't live in them but some days, they just feel right to wear (and I'm pretty conservative). I just go for balance. Since I'm in my thirties, I won't go too short and too tight. Since my minis show a little more leg than the others, I go for a looser top. The A-line skirt is a dark wash, knee-length, with a higher waist. It looks good with a crisp with button-down and a belted at the waist.

They're fun sometimes!
May 23, 2009, 12:19pm   #22
s
starbucksqueen
Denim skirts are one of those things that never go out of style. Trust me on this. I don't like how I look in most, but they are a great alternative to shorts and very durable. It really depends on the cut and design. So pick a flattering one and you will be wearing it season after season. You also don't have to iron them as much as a cotton skirt. So to have one is not necessarily a bad thing.
May 23, 2009, 12:33pm   #23
Joke
I wear em, not the mini skirts, those just above the knee, I think they work great with a tee/sneaker or a blouse/heel
May 23, 2009, 2:03pm   #24
klng
Knee-length denim pencil skirts can look very classy. I have several pencil skirts in denim.
May 23, 2009, 5:36pm   #25
pearlisthegurl
I love them!
I just bought this TR grey one:
Attached Images

May 23, 2009, 6:18pm   #26
Straight-Laced
^
that's a cute skirt pearl

If anyone can point me in the direction of this amazing Alaia denim zippered skirt (seen on vanessa coyle at milan fashion week 2009) I would be forever grateful

pic from the Sart
Attached Images

May 24, 2009, 6:16am   #27
loverundercover
Originally Posted by jclr
PurseAddict, I hope you didn't burn your skirt. I think there are women older than high-school age who can rock a denim skirt. It's all about dressing appropriately, right? I think most people know what they can pull off and what they can't.
Agreed! I love my denim skirts and do have one mini that is "dressier" in a dark wash that I can wear with a top, heels and still not look like I'm trying to be back in high school. I also have a light wash ripped up one thatr's great for the summer since I live in a tropical place. It's all about seeing what you can pull off and everyone has their personal preference.
May 25, 2009, 7:04pm   #28
jeh3v
RM Love
I'm personally not a fan. I have one but feel it looks too young (and I'm only 22).
May 25, 2009, 7:25pm   #29
u
umko
I love the way VOGUE PARIS' Carine Roitfeld wore them...Depending on the way you wear them, they can be stylish and not too youngish.
She looks great here:
http://streetpeeper.com/image_thumb/...0/img_2304.JPG
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qjpwnPW4c1...alking2web.jpg
May 25, 2009, 7:45pm   #30
exotikittenx
Ooh la la!
Absolutely! I am 28 and wear denim skirts (seriously-- sometimes you just want to wear denim on a hot summer day but don't feel like pants, and want to be casual!)... but you need to know how to wear them and put an outfit together if you are in your 20s or older. Find the right skirt and pair it with the right accessories and you'll look fine! Just find one that looks a little classier, has the right color and material, and make sure it's a flattering fit.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >