Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Daytime fall wedding - what to wear?

POST A REPLY

Aug 9, 2008, 10:31pm   #1
schadenfreude
really
OK, help. I need serious advice. A coworker is getting married this October. The wedding is during the day, at noon, followed by a "luncheon reception". Many coworkers will be there, many of whom I feel a pathologic need to outshine. What in the hell do I wear? FYI, I live in Phoenix, so October daytime highs will be warm - 90+.
Aug 9, 2008, 10:40pm   #2
ShiShi
wa wa wee wa
I don't know what your style is, but this dress is so cute!
Aug 10, 2008, 8:00pm   #3
pinkmitsy4
I like that suggestion of a dress! Very nice...definitely something colorful (if you want to stand out) that fits your body type. Since it's during the day, I think you can get away with more casual and fun dresses!
Aug 11, 2008, 3:40am   #4
2006mommy
That Phoebe dress IS cute, I want one!

A daytime fall wedding leaves you with the most possible options of any type of wedding, in my opinion, especially in a hot climate. I think the only thing you should not do is a formal evening gown, but you knew that! So how to whittle down the choices? Maybe figure out how exactly you wish to stand out - in terms of "stylishness", "money spent", "female attention" or "male attention"? Since this is a work-related event, I would keep in mind office politics when making your selection.
Aug 11, 2008, 8:38pm   #5
Tracy
shallowly obsessing
love these:

i could go on for days........
Aug 11, 2008, 11:39pm   #6
p3bbz
Resident Catwoman!
^^ Love the selection! I don't mean to hijack this thread but while we're on topic I also have a wedding at the end of Sept. The ceremony is at 2pm but the reception is at 6. I have an outfit I could wear at night but could I wear this kind of patterned dress during the ceremony (or the reception too!) or does it look too "spring" for a fall wedding? TIA!
Attached Images

Aug 11, 2008, 11:58pm   #7
K
KristyDarling
Originally Posted by nolarice
love these:

i could go on for days........
I REALLY like this one!
Aug 12, 2008, 12:45am   #8
candypants1100
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3002508/...bo=6014150&P=1
love this one!!!
Aug 12, 2008, 4:12pm   #9
Tracy
shallowly obsessing
Originally Posted by p3bbz
^^ Love the selection! I don't mean to hijack this thread but while we're on topic I also have a wedding at the end of Sept. The ceremony is at 2pm but the reception is at 6. I have an outfit I could wear at night but could I wear this kind of patterned dress during the ceremony (or the reception too!) or does it look too "spring" for a fall wedding? TIA!

that looks cute p3bbz!
Aug 12, 2008, 10:54pm   #10
schadenfreude
really
Oooh......I really like this one, but a little pricey......

This is totally me. But $575 is kinda steep.... but yes, something along these lines. I LOVE the long dress... it seems like everyone wears short dresses and I like to be different... the solid jersey ones are nice but don't seem special enough for a wedding.

As for the kind of "attention", well, it is tough being that it's a work function. No super cleavage, no short hemlines (not that I would anyway)... and I'll be bringing my DH so I don't care about guys... it's mostly a competitive thing between me and my female coworkers... ha ha!!!

Keep them coming everyone!
Aug 13, 2008, 12:22am   #11
p3bbz
Resident Catwoman!
^^ That is one HOT dress! I love the colors!

Nolarice, thank you! I guess I'll be wearing the dress for the daytime portion of the wedding.
Sep 14, 2008, 11:55pm   #12
schadenfreude
really
Bumpity bump... I still haven't found anything!!! And I really don't want to spend a lot of $$$... any new ideas?
Sep 16, 2008, 3:41am   #13
PurpleD
I reckon something like this Alice & Olivia dress would be fab:

Sep 16, 2008, 4:17pm   #14
ahertz
I think this is really cute:

http://g-images.amazon.com/images/G/...9831240545.jpg
Sep 17, 2008, 2:15am   #15
ladyeeboutique
Originally Posted by schadenfreude
Oooh......I really like this one, but a little pricey......

This is totally me. But $575 is kinda steep.... but yes, something along these lines. I LOVE the long dress... it seems like everyone wears short dresses and I like to be different... the solid jersey ones are nice but don't seem special enough for a wedding.

As for the kind of "attention", well, it is tough being that it's a work function. No super cleavage, no short hemlines (not that I would anyway)... and I'll be bringing my DH so I don't care about guys... it's mostly a competitive thing between me and my female coworkers... ha ha!!!

Keep them coming everyone!
Love the Nicole Miller dress!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >