Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Dark wine colored dress-what color shoes?

POST A REPLY

Feb 5, 2008, 10:59am   #1
DlkinVegas
Black is too blah. Should I go with silver or maybe a bronze/brownish color? What about a shoe in burgundy/maroon/wine-too matchy? I tried on a pair of matte gold shoes I have, that looked horrible. If someone asked this I would have an answer quick, I cant make up my mind. Thanks ladies & gents!
Feb 5, 2008, 11:42am   #2
LisaG719
Living life...
I like the idea of a bronze/brownish color.

Matchy - matchy would be too much. What bag are you going to pair with the outfit?

Post up some modeling pics and we will let you know!
Feb 5, 2008, 12:09pm   #3
DlkinVegas
Thanks! I'm probably going to go with a simple clutch not sure on the color depends on what shoes I pick. I hate when I buy dresses in colors like red or berry & cant figure out what color shoe to wear. I'll post a pic of the dress later so you can see the exact color.
Feb 5, 2008, 3:28pm   #4
f
fashion16
What about a nude shoe?
Feb 5, 2008, 4:33pm   #5
mockinglee
Piemaker
Good question...I have one too that I haven't worn yet. Probably something metallic like silver or pewter (if you usually wear silver-toned jewelry), though nude might be hot too! And for a completely out-there suggestion, how about navy?
Feb 5, 2008, 6:38pm   #6
missmustard
Prima Donna Assoluta
I like the idea of a bronzey colour. Initially, I thought gold, but you've said you didn't like the look.
Feb 5, 2008, 7:41pm   #7
claireZk
^ Exactly what I was thinking..
Feb 5, 2008, 7:42pm   #8
elli
kashmir
I think silver would look great!
Feb 5, 2008, 9:48pm   #9
mr. couturier
Fashionista
I think it depends on the style of the dress. A wine knit would look so lush with brown suede, but for a silk dress I think a silver would be nice. Any fabric I can think of would look great with black patent. But I'll post again once you post a pic.
Feb 6, 2008, 12:11pm   #10
DlkinVegas
Thanks for the replies! I had a hard time getting decent pictures. Here is the dress:

Color with the sun hitting it:

Here are some shoes I like mostly matchy heels I know I have a lot of color options but I cant decide. Just wanted to add too I have dark hair & I'm white as a ghost just so you can get some kind of a visual:

Betsey Johnson http://www.betseyjohnson.com/Sabah_S...00/p/3813.html

AK http://www.zappos.com/n/p?p=7363734&

Giuseppe Zanotti http://www.bluefly.com/pages/product...&Nu=Product+ID

& If I could find these I would totally be wearing them

Giuseppe Zanotti
Feb 6, 2008, 12:13pm   #11
heat97
those are beautiful!!
Feb 6, 2008, 2:02pm   #12
sep
Live-Luv-Shop-Repeat
Let's see... What would Carry Bradshaw do? A bronze or taupe bootie for certain!
Feb 6, 2008, 3:14pm   #13
Coach Superfan
is playing catch up
My first instinct would be gold. strappy gold or bronze heels. Also depending on whether your bag/clutch has hardware, maybe match the shoes to the hardware. Gold with gold hardware, silver for silver hardware. JMO. I love those Giuseppe shoes! Nine West also has cute shoes in that color if you really wanted to try to go all matchy matchy.
Feb 6, 2008, 3:30pm   #14
DlkinVegas
I went out & tried on some shoes.....................bronze/brownish wins, it looks really, really good with the dress. I also like the way gold looks. Yay i'm happy there are lots of choices in bronze/gold. As for the Giuseppe shoes man I really love both pairs.
Feb 6, 2008, 3:57pm   #15
mr. couturier
Fashionista
Well, just as another suggestion, I think brown platform suede sandals would look really fantastic, like Saint-Laurent. The color is so rich!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >