Home Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe

Catherine Malandrino dresses: how do they fit?

POST A REPLY

Mar 13, 2008, 1:36pm   #1
Hi gals! Does anyone here wear Catherine Malandrino? How does her sizing run? I have my eye on a few CM spring dresses, but I would need to order them online. No place local to try them on. I tried on one CM frock a long time ago, but I recall it ran very small in the bust (I would have had to go 2 sizes bigger than what I usually wear in contemporary clothing brands!) I have tons of Nanette Lepore and BCBG, so if anyone is familiar with CM and how her sizing and proportions compare to these brands, I would truly appreciate your advice and comparisons!

I know I could order 2 sizes and keep the one that fits best, but I am looking at 3 or 4 dresses (and I only need ONE dress, to wear to a wedding), so I want to avoid ordering 8 dresses and having to spend thousands to just try things on (and then have the hassle of returning so many items.) Oh, the challenges we women face in pursuit of the perfect dresses...

If anyone can offer some insight, I would be forever grateful.
Mar 15, 2008, 8:13pm   #2
Watch "The Cove"
why don't you order from either revolveclothing.com or activeendeavors.com? both offer free return shipping.

in terms of sizing. i would say that catherine malandrino dresses do run a bit snug. I've tried on size 0 and 2 before in the same dress, and if you like clothes to be a bit more roomy, than go 1 size up. If I gain even a little weight, my size 0 dress would not fit.

I'd also agree that the bust area is more modest in sizing compared to other contemp. designers. I think her designs are more for the chic french girl than avg sized american woman's measurements.

forgot to add, comparing malandrino to bcbg or nanette, it runs a bit smaller.
Mar 17, 2008, 3:19pm   #3
n
Yes, I agree, her dresses run a bit small. I have to go a size up.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe