Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Can I wear black to a rehearsal dinner?

POST A REPLY

Jun 3, 2009, 11:36am   #1
p
plain jane doe
If you are of the old school where black is absolutely inappropriate for a wedding, is it also inappropriate to wear black to the rehearsal dinner? The dress I'm considering is a cute and youthful style, but it's definitely black.
Jun 3, 2009, 11:58am   #2
Veelyn
I'M BACK :)
I think its ok.
Jun 3, 2009, 12:19pm   #3
jfhave
I would.
Jun 3, 2009, 12:27pm   #4
Rimma13
Live with no regrets
I would wear it.
Jun 3, 2009, 12:27pm   #5
f
floridasun8
I had to go to a wedding a few weeks ago and I was always brought up not to wear black to a wedding as well...so I went out and searched and searched for a different color dress that I could wear. I never found anything I *really* liked so I wound up wearing something that was just okay. Come to find out, I think half of the women there were in black! lol So, I guess things have really modernized and after that, I wouldnt hesitate to wear black to a wedding now.
Jun 3, 2009, 12:59pm   #6
Jeneen
born this way
Yes black is fine for rehearsal dinner, and looks great at semi-formal to formal weddings as well.
Jun 3, 2009, 1:03pm   #7
fieryfashionist
aka Minal :)
I'm sure it's perfectly fine! I do think it varies culturally though. For example, at an Indian wedding, no one really wears black or white (the latter being a funereal color, so that's a no go). The reception is different because it's generally a fancy nighttime affair, but it's still usually all about color.
Jun 3, 2009, 1:09pm   #8
stephc005
i think it's fine for a rehearsal dinner
Jun 3, 2009, 10:37pm   #9
jeh3v
RM Love
I'd do it!
Jun 4, 2009, 2:52pm   #10
p
plain jane doe
Well, I'm inclined to agree with all y'all, but after getting negative feedback from SO (it's his sister's wedding), it's a no-go for me this time. The important part being that I went and bought the dress anyway
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >