Up To 40% Off

Net-A-Porter

Up To 50% Off Designer Sale

Bloomingdale's

Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

Asos duty/taxes when shipping to Canada?

POST A REPLY

Apr 11, 2009, 3:32pm   #1
m
meganfm
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to place a big order from Asos, but I'm worried about getting charged duty when the shipping is already SO expensive. I know packages from the US almost always get hit with extra taxes/duty-have you guys had the same issue with packages from the UK?
Apr 11, 2009, 5:44pm   #2
exquisite09
tip - split your order into increments of under 50gbp. shipping for 50gbp is 3.95gbp. anything above is 21.xxgbp.

it's been hit or miss for me. a package with a value larger than 60gbp will likely get taxed. i've had smaller value packages sent through though.
Apr 11, 2009, 6:48pm   #3
PrincessCayenne
I often order from ASOS and have never been charged anything - it's always just stuffed into my mail box - but it does take like 2 - 3 weeks to get to Vancouver
Apr 12, 2009, 12:35am   #4
vickiness
i've ordered from asos a few times too. never got dinged with any duties! :)

what are you planning on buying?
Apr 12, 2009, 10:23pm   #5
m
meganfm
Originally Posted by exquisite09
tip - split your order into increments of under 50gbp. shipping for 50gbp is 3.95gbp. anything above is 21.xxgbp.

it's been hit or miss for me. a package with a value larger than 60gbp will likely get taxed. i've had smaller value packages sent through though.
REALLY? Interesting.....I think I'll do that then. I had an order of about 120gbp and the shipping was 24gbp! Thanks for the tip! That'll save me a lot.

I wonder why the price gets jacked up so much?
Apr 13, 2009, 1:33am   #6
PrincessCayenne
^Yup - seperate orders is smart...you might get things like a week apart..but you save money :)

I think it has to do with the fact that UK post is based primarily on the weight of a package
Apr 13, 2009, 2:46am   #7
m
meganfm
^Makes sense.

One more (unrelated) question-I know on another post you said we always wear the smallest size from Asos-I'm between a UK8 and 10-do you find their stuff fits a bit smaller or larger than usual?
Apr 13, 2009, 11:27pm   #8
PrincessCayenne
I find it fits pretty TTS - but I've bought things from different designers from the ASOS site (so it's not all "ASOS" clothing). A 6 is usually perfect or sometimes a bit big :)

What are you going to buy?
Apr 14, 2009, 12:52am   #9
exquisite09
I agree - it's pretty much TTS. I'm in between a UK 4 and 6 and 6 tends to fit me fine, a TINY bit on the big side.
Apr 14, 2009, 1:02am   #10
PrincessCayenne
^I've never even seen anything in a UK 4 on ASOS - I always thought 6 was the smallest...maybe that's why it's a bit big
:)
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >