Home Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe

All things Alexander McQueen Chat and Share thread....

POST A REPLY

Jul 21, 2012, 4:41pm   #3016
l
Ooh a McQueen thread! How lovely! I actually looked at most of this thread and I am in serious McQueen envy haha.
I've got my fair share of McQueen pieces at home that were given to me by a friend, apart from my two scarves that I bought.
My friend also has an entire wardrobe of McQueen so when I did my fashion photography project at college she was a massive help haha!
Jul 21, 2012, 4:44pm   #3017
Originally Posted by lauren_t
Ooh a McQueen thread! How lovely! I actually looked at most of this thread and I am in serious McQueen envy haha.
I've got my fair share of McQueen pieces at home that were given to me by a friend, apart from my two scarves that I bought.
My friend also has an entire wardrobe of McQueen so when I did my fashion photography project at college she was a massive help haha!
Oooh I would love to the that McQueen wardrobe
Jul 21, 2012, 7:22pm   #3018
Originally Posted by jamamcg
was going through photos on my computer and i came across these two of my first ever McQueen item. It was purchased from the Vegas Boutique i didnt realize it was the beginning of a obsession HAHAHA
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/...scamera140.jpg
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/...scamera143.jpg
Stunning top
Jul 22, 2012, 5:55am   #3019
Meant to say I would love to see that McQueen wardrobe
Jul 22, 2012, 11:54am   #3020
l
Meant to say I would love to see that McQueen wardrobe
It is quite something.
The stuff she lent me for my shoot was absolutely incredible, literally a whole holiday suitcase full of clothes and a dress that Lee made for her. Now THAT was responsibility and a half, keeping that safe for an entire day!!
I'm rather good friends with the fashion tutors at college now though haha! Hoping to do another shoot when I'm at uni.
Jul 22, 2012, 12:05pm   #3021
"Alexander McQueen"

It is quite something.
The stuff she lent me for my shoot was absolutely incredible, literally a whole holiday suitcase full of clothes and a dress that Lee made for her. Now THAT was responsibility and a half, keeping that safe for an entire day!!
I'm rather good friends with the fashion tutors at college now though haha! Hoping to do another shoot when I'm at uni.
OMG!! Is there a link to the photos from your shoot so we can see the McQueen and your work??
Jul 22, 2012, 4:40pm   #3022
l
Originally Posted by 318Platinum
OMG!! Is there a link to the photos from your shoot so we can see the McQueen and your work??
I'll put my photos up when I've finished my review for work!
Beware though, this was my first real attempt at fashion photography and the model that I had was sick on the day of the shoot so I had to use someone I didn't know and was in the class below me! We only had about four hours to do about a day and a half shoot so it was rushed but next time I imagine I shall be slightly more organised and actually have a decent model plus more pieces to shoot as the stuff I had wasn't even half of what she has!
Jul 23, 2012, 6:41am   #3023
Hey gang.....

Posting the same question here as I just did in the scarf thread cuz you may see this first.

My gf received a scarf from Zappos (totally legit, of course) the God Save McQ in Patchwork and the edges are sewn, not hand rolled. Is this common now? We both thought it was a bit peculiar not having rolled edges......

Please chime in.......
Jul 23, 2012, 7:24am   #3024
I'll have a looksee when I get home, however, the last scarf I bought was the blue (says purple but it's blue) God Save McQueen scarf in the Jan sale. Haven't got anything newer than that I'm afraid...
Jul 24, 2012, 9:39am   #3025
I had a looksee, and

Blue (purple) "God Save McQueen" silk - stitched edges

only other silks I have are;

"Alexander the Great" - stitched edge
"Hummingbird" silk - rolled edge (but you can see the original stitching through the roll)
Jul 24, 2012, 1:23pm   #3026
Originally Posted by Kathleen37
I had a looksee, and

Blue (purple) "God Save McQueen" silk - stitched edges

only other silks I have are;

"Alexander the Great" - stitched edge
"Hummingbird" silk - rolled edge (but you can see the original stitching through the roll)
Honey.....
Thanks for looking. Well, it appears that my assumption that all scarves were hand rolled is wrong. Thanks for checking and I'll let me girlfriend know - and now I KNOW as well. Be well my dear......
Jul 28, 2012, 4:06am   #3027
this is so nice but all i want is the Visor
McQueen have put the visor up on their website for sale!
http://www.alexandermcqueen.co.uk/nu...,en_GB,pd.html
Jul 28, 2012, 4:19am   #3028
Originally Posted by Biscuit14
HEHEHEHE I know. I should have mine by monday IM SO EXCITED
Jul 28, 2012, 4:49am   #3029
"Alexander McQueen"
Originally Posted by Biscuit14
HEHEHEHE I know. I should have mine by monday IM SO EXCITED
YAY @ Jamamcg!!! I ordered mines from my SA earlier today! I will probably have mines Tuesday or Wednesday!! TWINSIES! Biscuit14, are you getting one as well?
Jul 28, 2012, 6:24am   #3030
Originally Posted by 318Platinum
YAY @ Jamamcg!!! I ordered mines from my SA earlier today! I will probably have mines Tuesday or Wednesday!! TWINSIES! Biscuit14, are you getting one as well?
I am considering it because it's such an amazing thing to have from the Fall collection and it isn't a ridiculous price like I thought it would be.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe