Home > >

What are you cooking tonight?

DISCUSSION CLOSED

Apr 13, 2007, 2:22pm   #61
JenWV
We are ordering Chinese tonight.
Apr 13, 2007, 3:26pm   #62
katheryn
Tonight I am making Brazilian Shrimp Stew. The recipe is on Epicurious. It is soooooooooo good. I can't wait! Also, I am about to make some scones with cinnamon and cappuccino chips. Yum!
Apr 14, 2007, 4:21pm   #63
c
carolinagirl73
Stuffed shells, grapes and blueberries for the kiddies, date night for hubby and me!
Apr 14, 2007, 7:45pm   #64
jchiara
is really in love...
Homemade tomato sauce with just olive oil, salt, plum tomatoes and lots of garlic served over cheese raviolis, salad and garlic bread. Oh and I might just have to have a Bacardi Big Apple while it's cooking!
Apr 15, 2007, 12:17am   #65
BrodiesLVMama
What are you waiting for?
This with a side of kale and jasmine rice:
http://cookbrazil.com/popup.php?sb_id=8
Apr 15, 2007, 9:43am   #66
robotdoll
garlic shrimp pasta. my boyfriend's favorite dish.
Apr 15, 2007, 12:20pm   #67
lorihmatthews
Doberhuahua!
These pics are late; they're from Easter! But I made pork tenderloin with shallots and asparagus with a mustard vinagrette, and for dessert I made an almond pound cake with an almond glaze. Yummy!

Apr 15, 2007, 12:51pm   #68
c
carolinagirl73
^^^yum!!!!
Apr 15, 2007, 3:08pm   #69
jchiara
is really in love...
OMG. How fabulous is that??? Posting pics of our food! That's great! I will do the same!!!!
Apr 15, 2007, 3:09pm   #70
LAltiero85
<3
That looks delicious, lori!!!

I think we will just order a pizza tonight
Apr 15, 2007, 7:46pm   #71
t
twin53
fried catfish, mashed potatoes, cole slaw, fresh honeydew melon, rolls
Apr 15, 2007, 7:55pm   #72
anotheremptysky
lori, that cake looks sooo good!!

tonight I made parmesan chicken (parm shakenbake with fresh grated parm on top -- no tomato sauce though), green beans, and caesar salad. I was craving salad, which means I've been eating bad!!
Apr 15, 2007, 11:41pm   #73
lorihmatthews
Doberhuahua!
Here's what I made tonight. Shrimp with couscous. The recipe also has carrots, peas, leeks and shallots. It was very yummy. I got the recipe from the Martha Stewart website.

Last edited Apr 15, 2007 at 11:44pm. Reason: added more info
Apr 15, 2007, 11:46pm   #74
Virginia
Happiness
my mom's making porridge for me!
Apr 16, 2007, 9:36pm   #75
N
Neeya
I want some of Twin53's dinner!

I made mushroom soup tonight! Er kinda winged it and made up my own, but it turned out pretty well! Here's an idea of the recipe if anyone wants it (mind you I don't have exact measurements >_>)

-Small container of ****ake mushrooms, chopped roughly, some pieces left long, some small, for variety
-Same goes for a container of Baby Bella mushrooms
-One BIG portobella mushroom, chopped roughly, some pieces left decent sized
-One package of porcini and one package of chanterelle mushrooms, reconstituted in two cups of hot water (save the water!!!!)
-3 celery stocks, chopped
-3 carrots, chopped
-half of a big vidalia onion, chopped
-half of a leek, chopped
-half of a large shallot, chopped
-one clove of garlic, minced
-Hungarian paprika
-pepper
-salt
-dried parsley
-red pepper
-bit of dried rosemary
-Pint of heavy whipping cream
-most of a stick of butter
-Beef stock
-The mushroom water
-All purpose flour

Cook all veggies, sans mushrooms, in large soup pot in all of butter and a bit of extra virgin olive oil. Add all spices on top, to taste. Cook until just tender. Add mushrooms, and continue to cook and stir until mushrooms are soft. Add 4-5 tablespoons of flour and whisk quickly. To this, add entire pint of cream, all of the mushroom water, and around two cups (maybe a bit more) of beef stock. Allow to boil up for a couple minutes, then reduce to low heat and allow to cook for 20 minutes, more if you prefer it (until it has thickened a bit, essentially). Add more salt and pepper to taste!
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME > >