Home The Playground The Kitchen

What Can't You Eat? (I can't stand it!)

POST A REPLY

May 15, 2010, 8:40am   #1
B
Hi
My hope is for this to be a bonding exercise.

Merge/Remove if a highly similar thread exists, I'm sure it does, but I couldn't find it, and I'm layin' a lot of cards on the table here:

What can't you eat? Because you can't stand it!

It can be circumstances under which you can't eat something, or just stuff you can't keep down, or can't even put in your mouth.

I'll start:

I can't eat stuff off of the bone.

I can't eat fish, ANY fish, save for raw tuna in small amounts.

I can't eat eggs, but of course stuff made with eggs (e.g. baked goods) are fine.

I can't eat most traditional "Breakfast Foods". (see: eggs)

I can't eat salsa, only chile sauce/chiles in general.

I can't eat lobster. I have a horrible story about not being able to keep lobster down. I've had one tolerable crab cake, but fresh crab makes me wanna vomit. All seafood/shellfish can fall here, don't get me started on shrimp.

I can't eat bratwurst, or any kind of hotdog/sausage (see "Breakfast Foods"), they are just awful and all I taste is the thick casing.

I can't eat most nuts/cheeses in heavy succession.

I can't eat bacon; I'm very touch-and-go (mostly go) with pork.

... that's all I can think of for now.

Have fun with this!
May 15, 2010, 10:40am   #2
V
Traveler
Would be interesting to see the drama behind why people don't like certain foods, lol

Rice! Don't want it on my plate, near anything I would eat. Used to have a problem if it was even on the table. Grew up from that.

Had a bad childhood experience with seeing LOTS of fly maggots.
Never had even seen rice before that experience, we/family/relatives were potato eaters from the midwest. Were on vacation & went to a Chinese restaurant. OMG They put a bowl of rice on the table! I know
its alot of drama over a bowl of starch. lol But its imprinted on my brain.
May 15, 2010, 11:57am   #3
klj
I can't eat Flan...the texture is not appealing to me.
I sometimes have to take the white thing out of an egg before I cook it...ewww.
I actually can't eat farm fresh eggs due to finding something formed inside.
Oh..and I can't eat Lima beans..not sure why just have never liked them.

That's all I've got at this moment but I'm sure I have a couple more.

I'm not a picky eater at all....I'm sure we all have a few of these!
May 15, 2010, 5:35pm   #4
^I totally agree about flan! It's the only dessert I've ever seen that I don't like...
May 15, 2010, 7:17pm   #5
d
I can't eat brains. Ick, I just can't do it.
May 15, 2010, 7:25pm   #6
B
Hi
Originally Posted by dallas
I can't eat brains. Ick, I just can't do it.
Funnily enough I LOVE brains. Life's odd that way...
May 15, 2010, 7:56pm   #7
d
Originally Posted by BadRomance93
Funnily enough I LOVE brains. Life's odd that way...
I have been told that they are delicious but I just can't bring myself to try them.
May 15, 2010, 8:09pm   #8
love shopping!!!
i can't eat fresh tomatoes
or mayo on hamburgers
May 15, 2010, 10:21pm   #9
ASO The Today Show
ew.... flan...

i can't eat veal. would like to say it's bc of how they're treated but the truth is my dad worked in a veal packing plant when i was a kid (as an accountant) and we ate so much of it- ugh. if i never see veal parmagna again it will be too soon.

i can't eat black beans or refried beans. ugh. though i did like baked beans for some reason- just not all the time.

i will never eat cherries. i watched the witches of eastwick as a kid and got to the cherry puking scene and OH HELL NO. never ever ever. (marachino cherries are ok)

Lobster is also a no for me. i've tried but...no.

one other thing i HATE is orange juice (or anything orange flavored). my dad made me drink a glass every weekend morning as a kid. gross.

i have to say- most of the things i used to not like i grew to love.
May 15, 2010, 10:36pm   #10
I'm a true foodie... there is not much I cannot eat b/c I would probably try most everything.

What I won't eat though is worms... now that is ick!

Pate, organs, liver, brains, shellfish of any kind... most things actually is a "bring it on"!
May 16, 2010, 8:03am   #11
Addicted to pink
I can't eat tuna from the can- reminds me of cat food.

I can't eat pepperoni- got sick from it once and will never eat it again.

I can't eat cilantro- its such an overpowering flavor for me and just grosses me out.

This is a great thread to read for someone on a diet, now I don't feel like eating anything at all.
May 16, 2010, 8:08am   #12
B
Hi
Originally Posted by RealDealGirl

I can't eat cilantro- its such an overpowering flavor for me and just grosses me out.

This is a great thread to read for someone on a diet, now I don't feel like eating anything at all.
Huzzah!
May 16, 2010, 8:15am   #13
Originally Posted by RealDealGirl

Agree! I was craving a breakfast bagel, but now I think I'll just stick to coffee!

That being said, I'm not a picky eater, but there are a few things that I absolutely Will. Not. Eat.

1. Bananas that have turned brown, even slightly. (Why, why would you want to eat something that has begun to rot?!)

2. "Fake" crab, or crab-flavored pollock (ie, what you get in California rolls). This is due to a horrible food poisoning experience, and now even the smell of fake crab makes me feel ill.

3. Anything unnaturally neon-colored.
I think this may be my aversion to synthetic flavors and scents (I hate the smell of cheap body mists and public bathroom sprays), but the thought of ingesting anything that is dyed such a bright color turns my stomach. This includes, but is not limited to, grape soda, "blue" flavored things, boxed macaroni and cheese and Gatorade.
May 16, 2010, 8:20am   #14
B
Hi
Originally Posted by angiela
Agree! I was craving a breakfast bagel, but now I think I'll just stick to coffee!

That being said, I'm not a picky eater, but there are a few things that I absolutely Will. Not. Eat.

1. Bananas that have turned brown, even slightly. (Why, why would you want to eat something that has begun to rot?!)

2. "Fake" crab, or crab-flavored pollock (ie, what you get in California rolls). This is due to a horrible food poisoning experience, and now even the smell of fake crab makes me feel ill.

3. Anything unnaturally neon-colored.
I think this may be my aversion to synthetic flavors and scents (I hate the smell of cheap body mists and public bathroom sprays), but the thought of ingesting anything that is dyed such a bright color turns my stomach. This includes, but is not limited to, grape soda, "blue" flavored things, boxed macaroni and cheese and Gatorade.

May 16, 2010, 8:45am   #15
G
Black licorice - I cannot stand the flavor. There's lots of things I don't like, but that's one flavor that actually makes me nauseous.

Fennel - it tastes like black licorice.

Banana flavored candy

beets - never liked the look of them and the texture grosses me out a bit

internal organs - there's exceptions to this, but for the most part, I don't like them.

Kimchi - I've tried all sorts and I just steer clear of it.
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground The Kitchen