Home The Playground The Kitchen

Tofu Shirataki Noodles Low Carb & Delicious!!

POST A REPLY

May 1, 2008, 10:27pm   #1
Thank You God <3
Tofu Shirataki Noodles: Low Carb & Delicious!!

Tofu Shirataki Noodles

Low Carb, Low Fat & Only 20 calories per serving!!

I just bought these tonite and I'm in heaven!! I cannot believe I'm sitting here on my "diet" eating fettucine alfredo!!

Preparation is important nomatter your recipe. The noodles come packaged in a liquid & it is important to rinse them and have them dried thoroughly before you eat them. The simple directions come written on the bag.

For my fettucine alfredo recipe, I rinsed them well, strained them in a strainer, & removed excess water by patting them gently with Bounty paper towel.

Then I microwaved them for 1 minute & strained & dried them again with the Bounty (just pat dry with the paper towel)

I then put alot of lowfat Ragu Alfredo sauce on, Parmesian cheese, peas, black pepper and bacon bits. Mix it all together in a bowl

Finally, I put it all in the microwave again for 1 minute..Absolutely DELiCIOUS!!! With food like this I know it will be easy to eat well for life. Its so GooD!!

For more info & locations where you can purchase your noodles, visit their link below!!

http://www.house-foods.com/tofushirataki_faq.html

Do you guys eat these? Im officially obsessed does anyone have any other recipes to share??

May 1, 2008, 10:41pm   #2
Plisse Me!
That is really neat! I've never tried it. Can you tell it's tofu? Is the texture the same as regular noodles? I love tofu, but never tried tofu noodles before.
May 1, 2008, 10:53pm   #3
-love life-
That sounds really good! I am going to show this to my mom sometime. Actually maybe I can cook this for her on Mother's Day. I know we are just going out for dinner so I could try this for lunch.
May 1, 2008, 11:26pm   #4
Chanelaholic
sounds delish!! i'm going to put these on the shopping list!!
May 1, 2008, 11:38pm   #5
Thank You God <3
Im so glad u guys like it!! I wasent sure if u had heard of it before since the search button is down..

I am so serious its delicious!! it tastes just like regular noodles! even my dh who is so finicky and a total junk food junkie ate them and loved them!!
he saw no diffrence..maybe they are only alittle softer texture than regular pasta..but still just like pasta and delicious!

the whole bag is ony 2 servings so one whole bag has 40 calories!! its insane bc its so freakin good!

frosted you can totally do it! its so easy and actually is only two minutes of microwave time!! you can get that new bacon in a box thats already cooked and just break it up and put it in the pasta..so good!!

they have alot of fiber in them too so you just feel stuffed!!
Last edited May 1, 2008 at 11:42pm.
May 2, 2008, 12:40am   #6
Princess Me, I love this stuff too!

I tried their angel hair and fettucine and I like the fettucine texture much better. It's delicious, even my kids like it! To me, it's doesn't have the pasta texture, but it tastes a bit crunchier.

You can get it at Whole Foods or Japanese grocery stores.
May 2, 2008, 12:59am   #7
I love shiritaki as well!

For those buying for the first time - don't let the initial smell get to you! Once the noodles are rinsed and cooked, you won't notice any odor.
May 2, 2008, 8:01am   #8
✘♥✘♥
Wow, looks really tasty!
May 2, 2008, 9:21am   #9
Wow! Those sound great.......especially since I love noodles, but being diabetic, I'm not supposed to eat them too much.

Were they expensive?????
May 2, 2008, 11:20am   #10
e
I've read about these, but was always afraid due to some reviews on sites other than Hungry Girl's. The whole smell issue I read about was scary as well, lol. I don't think there are any local places by me that carry these and I don't want to order a large package in fear that I will hate them!
May 2, 2008, 12:58pm   #11
Thank You God <3
Guys they only cost $1.50 the initial smell rinses rite off like fab said...its just that they come packaged in a liquid but you rinse that off and viola!! u'll be eating delicious pasta guilt free
May 2, 2008, 1:25pm   #12
g
I must give this a try! I love pasta...I love tofu!
May 2, 2008, 2:29pm   #13
Thank You God <3
^^I dont even really like tofu and i love these noodles so you'll definitely love them!! bascially they have no taste...they're just like "regular" pasta

another great way that i read about is to make a broth or a soup and add the noodles so it will be guiltless & delicious chicken noodle soup..
i love ramen noodles but dont want to eat them but now im going to make a broth and put my angel hair tofu noodles in and some veggies... yummy!!!
May 2, 2008, 2:58pm   #14
the one time i had these i think mine had gone bad so tasted a bit funky and i've avoided them ever since.

but princess you've convinced me to give them another try!
May 2, 2008, 3:09pm   #15
oh wow, this is a poor vegetarian college student's dream come true!
I can't wait to try this with some spicy peanut sauce or vodka sauce.. mmm.
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground The Kitchen