Home > >

How often do you eat FAST FOOD?

POST A REPLY

Oct 18, 2009, 3:20pm   #16
Sternchen
Maybe once a month tops??
Oct 18, 2009, 3:42pm   #17
agart245
I eat it almost every day. I don't think it's gross and you can make healthy choices at these places. As a previous poster said, a meal at most chain restaurants can be just as unhealthy, if not worse for you, than any fast food meal.
Last edited Oct 18, 2009 at 3:45pm.
Oct 18, 2009, 3:56pm   #18
tillie46
I never did, until I tasted one of my daughter's bean burritos from Taco Bell. Now, I eat them every so often because they're almost comfort food!
Oct 18, 2009, 7:55pm   #19
PhantaBitten
Drive One.
Does Subway count? Im a Subway addict and I eat McDonalds about three times a month. I love their fries!
Oct 18, 2009, 9:47pm   #20
chunkymonkey
Almost never now unless I have no choice. The thought of eating that greasy, overprocessed foods is really not appealing to me. yuck!
Oct 18, 2009, 9:58pm   #21
Louiebabeee
haha honestly, it is THAT bad for you. I take/have taken quite a few heath/nutrition/diet therapy classes (thinking of becoming a registered dietition) But having it rarely isnt going to make a huge impact unless you eat it every week......I eat it maybeeee once a month, but really a big reason for that is I have celiac (no wheat/gluten) so im extreemly limited on where/what i can eat lol
Oct 18, 2009, 10:26pm   #22
nooch
Judge Roughneck
As for you being the only one, OP, I think most of the people who do eat it a lot are not going to come out and say it - in our very weird world, "admitting" you eat fast food is looked down upon and I would be willing to bet that a lot more people eat it than would cop to it. It's something, like smoking, that a lot of people like to shame other people about/get holier than thou about.

Also, I should amend my previous answer - even since I've been losing weight I still eat it in airports and other no-other-food-available situations. It's cheap, it's open late, it's everywhere, and I don't have to cook it. So while I don't particularly like it (as I said before, past the first bite - the first bite always seems like a good idea) there is some stigma associated with admitting to eating it and that's why it seems like you're the only one.
Oct 18, 2009, 10:47pm   #23
kymmie
superficial quirk
I live alone so I rarely cook. One of my favorite things to do is go to Long John Silver's to get the FAMILY sized tub of cole slaw (with a diet root beer) and eat it for dinner. (Shame, shame, shame!)
Oct 19, 2009, 2:09am   #24
Divyaangana
Team ♥ Jacob
Originally Posted by PhantaBitten
Does Subway count? Im a Subway addict and I eat McDonalds about three times a month. I love their fries!
McDonald's french fries are a weak spot of mine. I love to eat them with chocolate milkshakes. (Not like actually mixed together, but at the same time) The salty and sweet combo is TDF.
Oct 19, 2009, 12:59pm   #25
L
Lunov
I actually eat it quite often unfortunately, maybe a couple of times a week. It's really only when I'm with my boyfriend though because it's easy and cheap for both of us to eat. However when I'm alone I never eat it because I'd rather save the few dollars. I guess I'm a social fast food eater haha.
Oct 19, 2009, 1:23pm   #26
lil_peanut
Orange Lotus FTW
Ever since "Super Size Me" came out in 2004, my DH and I made a pact to never eat fast food again.

We didn't include Quiznos and In n Out though, lol. But even those are maybe once a month, if that.
Oct 19, 2009, 1:25pm   #27
sarahloveslouis
2-3 times a week. Honestly, I find myself having very little guilt for that!

Every now and then, my DH and I will feel NO desire to cook a meal after working all day. So, in the midst of after-work errands, we'll just grab a bite to eat for dinner.

As long as you maintain balance in your life, I don't see how indulging in fast food every now and then will cause permanent, life-ending harm.
Oct 19, 2009, 1:51pm   #28
Nico3327
No offense to anyone who else here, but I think all fast food is pretty much disgusting. With the exception of In 'n Out Burger (which I eat once a year when I go to San Fran to visit family) I won't even step foot into a fast food restaurant.
Oct 19, 2009, 2:30pm   #29
ilovepinkhearts
J'aime coeurs roses
since i have started to try to lose weight...hardly ever. and when we do, we go to chick-fil-a and i get a kids meal and side salad.

but before then, maybe 2-3 times every 2wks or so....it's not good for you at all, and all the sodium, fat, calories in the food is disturbing. and after i read that burger king is the #1 buyer when it comes to cow eyeballs...that kinda put me off all fast food "hamburgers" sure it may be cow meat, but what kind of it?...
Oct 19, 2009, 3:25pm   #30
Mia Bella
balenciaga gaga :D
I love Chick-Fil-A and will eat it whenever I get the craving, probably once everyone 2 or 3 weeks. I really like Quiznos and at one point was grabbing a sandwich for DH & I 2-3 times a week. Usually DH and I eat 60% home cooked meals and 40% restaurant meals (not fast food) like Indian, middle eastern, Japanese, seafood... Yum!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >