Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Grocery store sushi nutrition info?

POST A REPLY

Jan 30, 2009, 6:47pm   #1
L etoile
tPF addict
I just downed a package of sushi from Whole foods as a pre-workout snack. How many calories do you think are in one pack? I usually get Salmon and Avocado or Spicy Salmon Avocado, both with white rice. I think that each package has around 8 pieces of sushi.
Jan 30, 2009, 6:48pm   #2
L etoile
tPF addict
I found this, but I have no idea if it's accurate:
http://www.sushifaq.com/sushi-calories.htm
Jan 31, 2009, 5:35am   #3
grayxie
NOMtacular!
Don't forget to take into consideration the amount of soy sauce used, the amount of sodium can be quite shocking. One time at the supermarket I saw some gals trying to have a light lunch by ordering sushi, well they literally had 15 packets of soy sauce for about 12 pieces of sushi.
Feb 1, 2009, 11:10pm   #4
Zophie
Originally Posted by grayxie
Don't forget to take into consideration the amount of soy sauce used, the amount of sodium can be quite shocking. One time at the supermarket I saw some gals trying to have a light lunch by ordering sushi, well they literally had 15 packets of soy sauce for about 12 pieces of sushi.

wow, and I thought I used a lot of soy sauch! I love my soy sauce but I use maybe 3 - 5 packets.

Oh, and I love Whole Foods sushi. I wish it wasn't so expensive, but I figure it's healthier than a lot of other options. And usually I'll eat a roll and some sashimi.
Feb 2, 2009, 9:53am   #5
bagaholic85
i read once that depending on wat is in each piece, you can estimate between 25-50cals/piece. i would say light "snaking" rolls of just cucumber or carrots would be 25 and something heftier like alaska roll or eel would be closer to 50
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >