Home The Playground The Kitchen

Favorite healthy snacks?

POST A REPLY

Apr 24, 2013, 9:25pm   #16
SPECTRUM MOM
I forgot to add organic beef jerky. It's a good source of protein and keeps me satisfied when I need something chewy.
Apr 27, 2013, 11:32am   #17
Ooh la la!
Ricotta cheese topped with pistachios, figs (fresh or dried), and a bit of honey. This is really delicious.
May 12, 2013, 4:32pm   #18
Crazy bird lady
Cottage cheese with any flavored yoghurt (to cut back on the sweetness and increase the amount of protein), Turkish yoghurt with honey & chopped nuts, veggie hummus (roasted veg, chick peas, tahini, olive oil, spices) with raw veg to dip in, dried mango/cranberries/figs, fresh dates. The dates are sooo sweet I only need 1 or 2 to satisfy my potent sweet tooth.
Wasabi peas and spicy fava beans make for a nice, protein-rich movie treat that I can't O.D. on because of the hot spices in them.
I love to keep a sesame or nut bar in my bag at all times,to keep me off the chocolate!
May 24, 2013, 1:16pm   #19
V
Kashi bars are good, sweet enough and very filling. Plus, alot of fibre!
May 30, 2013, 11:03pm   #20
Smoothie made with almond milk, greek yogourt, berries + banana, flax seed oil and a handful of kale...
Jun 4, 2013, 3:14pm   #21
V
I just made homemade popsicles, made from 1 cup sliced strawberries, 1 banana, 1 cup vanilla yogurt, and 2 tablespoons of honey. I blended all ingredients, poured in 4 molds, then put them in freezer for about 3 hours. So delicious and healthy (no preservatives!).
Jun 4, 2013, 6:40pm   #22
A banana or a yogurt/strawberry/mango homemade smoothie...YUM!
Mar 12, 2014, 11:47pm   #23
1-27-12 <3
apples with caramel & lil cuties
Mar 13, 2014, 1:11pm   #24
Almonds, berries or frozen grapes.
Mar 13, 2014, 7:14pm   #25
J. Victoria
I try to snack healthier, but my problem is most of the healthy foods I like to snack on are sweet fruits lol I try to watch my sugar intake.
My go-to snacks are:
-Emerald Cinnamon Roast Almonds (I like the 100 calorie packs to put in my purse or school bag)
-Pumpkin Seeds
-KIND Fruit & Nut Bars in Apple Cinnamon & Pecan (these are now my replacements for candy bars because I was eating entirely too much chocolate)
-Sliced apples topped with peanut butter
-Bananas
-Oranges
-Grapes and Raisins
Mar 13, 2014, 7:58pm   #26
<3OOO~~~
greek yogurt with fruit and/or granola (i especially like the chobani key lime pie flavor!), kashi black bean chips, quest protein bars (lots of protein, less than 200 cals, not full of junk).
Mar 13, 2014, 7:59pm   #27
Peanuts, raisins & achai berries mixed with raw honey. Bake in the oven & you get healthy bars of snacks!
Mar 13, 2014, 8:07pm   #28
It's Ice
I've been doing Whole30 & my present fav dessert is a serving of berries topped with a spoonful of coconut whipped cream. It's super easy to make - put 1 can of full fat coconut milk or coconut cream and a spoonful of vanilla extract in a bowl & beat it with an electric mixer or immersion blender until it's fluffy. Doesn't even need any extra sugar. Yum!
Mar 13, 2014, 8:39pm   #29
M
frozen grapes are really good :)
Mar 14, 2014, 12:49am   #30
PRADA2
an apple or unripe pear
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground The Kitchen