Home The Playground The Kitchen

best cookware brand help me pick

POST A REPLY

Jan 17, 2010, 10:11am   #1
p
my cookware from qvc called cooks escentials is rusting and the lids do not fit the pans any more i have had the set for 5 years . I am going to buy a new cookware set so if anyone has a brand of cookware that they love please give me the name . there are so many brand out i do not know what to pick i looked at qvc and pamered chef but im up for any thing under $500 for a set i would rather pay less than 2oo but willing to go up to 500. thanks so much for your help
Jan 17, 2010, 11:10am   #2
p
i guess no one cooks lol
Jan 17, 2010, 1:10pm   #3
g
guccimamma
i bought a calphalon nonstick set of 2 frypans for $50 at crate and barrell a couple of months ago

i love them, and will buy the remaining pieces from this line

i think you can only use nonstick for a few years, but the ease of cleaning is worth it
Jan 17, 2010, 1:30pm   #4
I really love my All Clad SS skillets and Le Creuset French oven. These are my go to staples. Very easy to clean.
Jan 17, 2010, 1:34pm   #5
p
thanks i will look into the brands i was also looking at rachel ray
Jan 17, 2010, 6:41pm   #6
sil
Originally Posted by zhenya271
I really love my All Clad SS skillets and Le Creuset French oven. These are my go to staples. Very easy to clean.
I would wholeheartedly recommend investing in some Le Creuset pieces also. I have several, but my 24 cup (4.5 quart) french oven has been used daily for over 10 years. I have done everything in it saute, braise, stew, steam, bake, deep fry, etc.. it truly is multi use and the perfect size.
It even survived being set on fire when someone used it outside on the bbq propane burner and walked away.

Easy clean up and it lasts forever!
Jan 18, 2010, 3:34pm   #7
g
guccimamma
i love my le creuset dutch oven, it took me a long time to use it...because i don't really make stews or braise meat....buy i use it for pasta sauce, chili, occasional deep frying of chips...

it cleans up beautifully and things don't burn..because you can heat at a lower setting

i love the way it looks on my stovetop, i just leave it there all the time
Jan 18, 2010, 3:41pm   #8
Life is good.. :)
All Clad :)
Jan 18, 2010, 4:32pm   #9
klj
I have Calphalon and love it.
It took me along time to get a full nice set of cookware and so glad I splurged.
You can get a great deal at BBandB with 20% off coupon and sometimes a free piece.
Jan 18, 2010, 4:59pm   #10
Doberhuahua!
All my pots and pans are Calphalon. They are not cheap but they last forever.
Jan 19, 2010, 12:32pm   #11
J'adore mon mari!
I can cook almost everything with my Le Creuset. They are great for cooking and also beautiful for the kitchen. I collect them in the Flame color and everyone that comes by always complimented them.
Jan 19, 2010, 2:49pm   #12
Surprise!
Another vote for Calphalon.

But, I do 95% of my cooking in a cast iron skillet or cast iron dutch oven. I couldn't function in a kitchen without them.
Jan 19, 2010, 3:11pm   #13
We own mostly Le Creuset, but also have quite a few All Clad pieces, some aluminum, and some Calphalon ('Commercial' line - Calphalon comes in varying levels of quality.)

If you want professional quality cookware that isn't terribly expensive, see if you can locate a restaurant supply store and look for bare or "natural finish" aluminum cookware. That's what is used in most restaurant kitchens. We have a set we use sometimes. It is durable, easy to clean, and will last forever. We run a professional kitchen where I work, and that's what our chef uses. Good brands are Vollrath and Lincoln, but there are many others out there.

http://www.acemart.com/kitchen-suppl...5-c768-p1.html
Last edited Jan 19, 2010 at 3:18pm.
Jan 20, 2010, 6:51am   #14
UNMUTUAL
I have Fissler cookware, the Coronal pots series, the Crispy, the Kanton long-handled wok, and the vitavit royal pressure cooker (I never used it because it is for big families).
My mother and grandmother also had the same, so I guess I grew up with these products and I never tried anything different.

I also have a few thermo spot pans from Tefal.

My Japanese friends are raving about the Chasseur enamel cast iron cookware, and they collect the pastel colored ones. I can't trust them because every month they come up with a new kitchen fad , on October it was waffle maker, on November the crepe maker and now the Chasseur...
Last edited Jan 20, 2010 at 6:59am.
Jan 21, 2010, 7:29pm   #15
I'm moving over from Calphalon to Le Creuset and much happier...
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground The Kitchen