Home Accessorize Yourself The Jewelry Box

What jewelry craze/trend are you so over/never got into?

POST A REPLY

Aug 6, 2012, 5:56pm   #16
Large men's watches on women - I think it looks fabulous on many ladies, but it's overdone. You see so many people wearing them whose style would better match a dainty watch.
Aug 6, 2012, 6:03pm   #17
& Lookin 4 LV!
I never got into those Pandora charms, or the little square Italian charms to make a bracelet. I'm sticking with gold and gemstones and diamonds....
Aug 6, 2012, 7:21pm   #18
TBH, most jewelry trends pass me by. I like what I like, regardless of whether it is popular or not, so I never have been swayed by Pandora/Trollbeads, Tiffany silver (or most silver/white metal jewelry), three stone rings or pendants, rose gold, etc. Rose gold always reminded me of Black Hills gold. Despite it being significantly different, I just can't shake that association. I really just prefer pieces with meaning to me. Jewelry is spendy enough that I don't see it as trend-worthy.
Aug 6, 2012, 9:22pm   #19
Purses and Pandora
Originally Posted by Cruisin4Coach
I never got into those Pandora charms, or the little square Italian charms to make a bracelet. I'm sticking with gold and gemstones and diamonds....
I love gemstone jewelry. ;-). Gold and silver :-). Oh and I also love leather cuffs...
Aug 6, 2012, 9:57pm   #20
Daytona watch on women
Aug 6, 2012, 10:03pm   #21
e
Never got into any Tiffany RTT, Pandora or Hermes Clic Clacs..... might just be something about bracelets!
Aug 6, 2012, 10:26pm   #22
P
That whole lucite jewelery trend. It looks really good on everyone else but for some reason it just doesn't look right on me. But I STILL bought lucite bracelets and watches that I never used and now need to re-home!
Aug 7, 2012, 1:30am   #23
Ditto...Pandora charms, never liked them at all!
I also don't like dangly charm braceletes.
When I was in my early to mid 20s, I liked dangly, chandelier earrings. Now, I only wear simple studs.
Aug 7, 2012, 2:26am   #24
Originally Posted by uwsgirl2004
For me it's the vca alhambra and cartier love/trinity. i cannot justify paying 5-10X the material cost for what appear to be very simple designs; not to mention that the workmanship of these 2 houses have significantly weakened as they became more mass market in the last several years.

I would however continue to collect vintage cartier (specifically the art deco period).
Ditto
Aug 7, 2012, 2:45am   #25
I love the Tiffany tag jewellery but was put off wearing it when I saw Chavy girls wearing it or similar pieces it really ruins such a popular piece . I don't mind seeing regular girls in it it can look beautiful on them but I'm talking about the cheap looking track suit wearers with fake oversized gold jewellery :( very sad to see. It might not be real Tiffany Ive never had a close enough look
Aug 7, 2012, 4:27am   #26
c
I never got into Pandora charms. I'm also not a fan of VCA; I prefer Cartier and Tiffany.
Aug 7, 2012, 4:36am   #27
Definately the Pandora/Trollbeads, they are everywhere.
Aug 7, 2012, 5:11am   #28
Not into pandora charms, or VCA or cartier love, or Chanel or Hermes (my hubby can breath better lol), but I am into Tiffany and Cartier watches and that's bad enough ...
Aug 7, 2012, 5:19am   #29
Finished my first (and only) Pandora bracelet in under a month last year and won't be starting another. While I like the bracelet I've put together, Pandora no longer appeals to me.

Am also not a fan of VCA or any kind of costume jewellery.
Aug 7, 2012, 5:19am   #30
Never been into pandora charms, they are very overpriced for what they are IMO. Saying that, I've had people commission really interesting necklaces with the 'pandora inspired' charms.

While I don't mind the Cartier Love and some VCA pieces, I could never see myself wearing them.

I've also never been into Swarovski jewellery or similar where the metal is studded with lots of tiny crystals. I do like the Swarovski beads though, and the solid crystal pieces.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Accessorize Yourself The Jewelry Box