Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

What is the best brand for engagement rings?

POST A REPLY

Aug 20, 2007, 1:36pm   #1
Meandmybags
Ladies....

I need your help. I want to know the best brand for E-rings. I wish it was mine but unfortunately it is not my turn yet (i hope it is coming soon). It is for my best friend. Price is not an issue.

Thanks so much... You guys are the sweetest..
Aug 20, 2007, 1:45pm   #2
couturequeen
BV nut
I would focus on the cut and clarity, not worry about the brand. Spend money on the quality or size of the stone, rather than on the name.
Aug 20, 2007, 2:35pm   #3
fashion_junky
I agree with the above post regarding the center stone. However, if you are referring to setting designers, I absolutely love my Ritani setting. You can see all of their designs at http://www.ritani.com.
Aug 20, 2007, 2:36pm   #4
oo_let_me_see
100% Puerto Greekan
bluenile.com has amazing stones priced reasonably. =)
Aug 20, 2007, 3:50pm   #5
Couturegrl
Addicted to Tiffany's
Tiffanys, Cartier and Harry Winston are among the highest 'ranked' brands, but like someone posted above, you can get a stone with the exact same quality for a lower price. :)
Aug 20, 2007, 7:06pm   #6
laura613
def Tiffany. Its more reasonably priced than some of the others (cartier) and you know the stone is of supurb quality. It may be more expensive than purchasing from blue nile or other retailers, but you know you are getting quality and dont need to haggle, etc. Diamonds are an emotional decision and lack logic all together, so going for a better diamond and a good buying experience is in my opinion better than going for a "good deal."
Aug 20, 2007, 7:28pm   #7
loserxstar
Originally Posted by couturequeen
I would focus on the cut and clarity, not worry about the brand. Spend money on the quality or size of the stone, rather than on the name.
i agree. the 4C's are either there or not when it comes to the rock, but different brands might have the setting or ring design you are looking for.
Aug 20, 2007, 8:27pm   #8
L
LVgal1972
Originally Posted by couturequeen
I second that. The branded ones are ridiculously overpriced and you can get exact same quality of diamond thats a whole lot cheaper IMO
Aug 20, 2007, 10:09pm   #9
s
shiba
Custom made is the best, forget about brand.
Aug 21, 2007, 7:06am   #10
e_pinpin
Miss Penne' Cotta
i don't think brand matters...as long as u're in love :)

like many people put it, u're better off focusing on the quality
Aug 22, 2007, 10:24am   #11
fashion_gurl888
lovin' Hermes
Hearts On Fire
Aug 22, 2007, 11:02am   #12
everything posh
I agree with the above posts that the 4 C's are what you should really concentrate on. If brand is very important though, there is always Harry Winston, Cartier and Tiffany.
Aug 22, 2007, 11:15am   #13
Swanky Mama Of Three
I'd never intentionally look for specific brands. . . .
we have all my jewelry custom made so we can pick the best stones.
Brand = mark up in my opinion.
Aug 22, 2007, 11:34am   #14
LaBoheme
J'ai deux amours...
If i had to choose again (with an unlimited budget), I'd get a beautiful vintage/estate diamond ring (I'm not spooky abt that since there's no way to know my 'new' diamonds are new.)

For brands, the people at Harry Winston are the nicest, IME. Great service, classic styles.
Aug 22, 2007, 8:27pm   #15
ame
No BRAND is best. I tend to prefer avoiding the brands and getting TripleIdeal cut stones from a vendor online like Good Old Gold (goodoldgold.com), and buying a setting I like, even if it's another vendor.

Based on my AWFUL experience with one particular online vendor starting with the letter W, I STRONGLY recommend you never patronize them.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >