Home Accessorize Yourself The Jewelry Box

What is a good carat weight for diamond studs?

POST A REPLY

Apr 19, 2012, 8:35pm   #376
e
Originally Posted by wintotty
Also depends on your ear lobe size. Some people have really small ear lobe, and in that case 2ctw can look huge. I wear 2ctw everyday, and I feel like I want to upgrade to 3ctw.
Totally second this. The thickness of the earlobe and the size of it would affect how huge the studs look. I suppose it's the earring equivalent of finger size & ring coverage?
Apr 19, 2012, 8:58pm   #377
My .50 each studs were in for repair and I bought a pair of CZ's to wear. They were .75 ct each and I thought they were way too big. They drooped and I had to use ear nuts along with the earring backs to keep them pointed out. I'm really happy that mine are smaller. I wear them every day and also into night.
Apr 20, 2012, 2:45am   #378
Originally Posted by chanel-girl

I don't think so. I would say around 2 ctw or you can go bigger, but I like bigger diamond studs and I have unusually fleshy lobes that call for a bigger stud lol. I am 29 and have 2.5 ctw studs that I wear ever day and my style sounds similar to yours on a daily basis, even a bit more causal. I agree with what chicmom said about how diamond studs kind of make you a little more polished and put together and they kind of dress up a very causal outfit.
Hi I just ordered my earrings today but will take 2 weeks to get made up. I ordered same as you, 2.5 ctw (so 1.25ct each earring). Can you post a pic of yours to see them on? I'm hoping I'll be happy with the size. I've asked for a martini setting but I'm debating if I the basket set makes them maybe look bigger again!!! I hate being so indecisive sometimes lol
Jun 1, 2012, 10:55pm   #379
s
I want a pair of diamond studs. Cant decide how big they should be. I am 5'7, medium built. how big is too big? I have quite a few pairs of diamond earrings but just not classic studs. suggestions?I have a nickel allergy so a lot of the jewelers are off limits unless it is platinum.
Jun 1, 2012, 11:15pm   #380
d
i think the size of the studs really depends on the size of your earlobes. just like engagement rings, the same carat diamond can look really different on a size 3 finger vs. a size 7. i think you should try them on and see which carat weight for your ears will work best.
Jun 22, 2012, 6:06am   #381
I finally got my earrings :)
I was so excited and just wanted to post my pic of them to share. In the end I had upgraded again just slightly. So they are a 2.60 tcw. I'm not sure I'm 100% keen on the martini set. But for now this will do & I still can't help but admire them. I guess if it bothers me I can always change the setting to the other 1 I wanted!!! :s
Attached Images

Jun 22, 2012, 6:24am   #382
Z
Wow. Pretty
Jun 22, 2012, 7:44am   #383
ame
Look great!!!
Jun 22, 2012, 8:19am   #384
Originally Posted by dannii
I was so excited and just wanted to post my pic of them to share. In the end I had upgraded again just slightly. So they are a 2.60 tcw. I'm not sure I'm 100% keen on the martini set. But for now this will do & I still can't help but admire them. I guess if it bothers me I can always change the setting to the other 1 I wanted!!! :s
Wow! It looks GORGEOUS! Perfect size for you!
So happy for you!
Jun 22, 2012, 9:12am   #385
They look gorgeous!!!
Martinis are best IMO at this size due to dropping/hanging issues w/ a basket since they would sit up off your ear more.
Enjoy!
Jun 22, 2012, 9:21am   #386
~i LVoe/Hate LV!~
Stunning!
Jun 22, 2012, 9:45am   #387
Gorgeous on your ear...perfect size!

Originally Posted by Swanky Mama Of Three
They look gorgeous!!!
Martinis are best IMO at this size due to dropping/hanging issues w/ a basket since they would sit up off your ear more.
Enjoy!
I agree...also more light saturation/sparkle! Not as much metal as with a basket setting.
Also try elephant backs (ex-large backs) too. I have them with my studs/martini setting...the earring really sits well on the ear.
Jun 22, 2012, 9:56am   #388
t
perfect size
Jun 22, 2012, 3:23pm   #389
Gorgeous! I think the size is perfect for you earlobe!! Are they set in 18k white gold? Or platinum?
Jun 23, 2012, 9:26am   #390
c
Current size is 0.30 carat each ear. Would love to upgrade to at least 0.50 - 0.75 carat each ear.
Attached Images

POST A REPLY
  HOME Accessorize Yourself The Jewelry Box