Home > >

VCA Van Cleef & Arpels addiction - support group

DISCUSSION CLOSED
 
Thread Tools
Feb 12, 2013, 12:47pm   #5116
t
texasgirliegirl
Member
I can hardly wait to see the malachite.
The green should look amazing with either the mop or the onyx.
Medium perlee hoops sound like your perfect size.

Originally Posted by sjunky13
So I went to VCA and tried on everything! I was going to get the Perlee diamond clover pendant in rose gold and it did not look good . Rose just blends into my skin. It was so soft and not much contrast. That was a let down, then I tried on the magic mop in white gold and it looked nice, but I have no white gold pieces and I don't plan on starting a new collection, lol. Then she placed the Magic pave on my neck. OMG, stunning.

I had gone in looking for the letterwood long pendant and really wanted a necklace. Well, the malachite is coming in the same style pendant, magic size in yellow gold and the long chain. I think this will be perfect! I reserved one. Should be coming very very soon. I hope the green will look good with my onyx and mop. I wish they did an onyx in this long pendant, maybe they will?

Ok as for perlee hoops, they were out of medium and the variation. I tried on the small, looked horrible on me.Way too tiny and no presence at all and my holes on my ears were pierced wrong for the small hoops, they stuck out and did not lay nice at all.
I tried on the large and they were too big, looks like the medium will be perfect. She measured the hoops I was wearing and it looks like the medium are the same size, so I am waiting for those too.

My birthday is Wed and I want to start with the Perlee hoops as I will wear them a lot. I wish I could of tried on the medium, I may ask them to ship them to me and see. The rose looked great against my face and not my chest. Very odd.

I also saw the new pink Butterfly diamond pieces, so pretty. can't wait to see yours Beth!
I know want Pave VCA!LOL
Feb 12, 2013, 1:07pm   #5117
chicagocat's Avatar
chicagocat
Member
I have been wanting the Lucky bracelet in yellow gold... love the charms! It is so very hard to find the piece IRL, has anyone seen it or own it? I am waiting for my local store to get it in and the backorder is at least a few weeks out... if anyone has perspective on the piece, please lmk. It would be my first VCA!!
Feb 12, 2013, 2:43pm   #5118
P
Pursi
Member
Thanks for the feedback!
Feb 12, 2013, 5:56pm   #5119
H
Hermesaholic
Member
Originally Posted by texasgirliegirl
i know when i was crawling along the floor to evade the light beams i kept getting tangled in my magic
Feb 12, 2013, 6:29pm   #5120
Bethc's Avatar
Bethc
Member
VCA just called, my necklace is already back! I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, so excited!!
Feb 12, 2013, 7:11pm   #5121
kim_mac's Avatar
kim_mac
Member
^^that was fast! i'm excited for you! you will have 3 butterflies dancing for you! please post lots of pictures! i'm still debating on the yellow or pink butterfly pendant and still have not seen them IRL!
Feb 12, 2013, 8:47pm   #5122
mp4's Avatar
mp4
Weimanuts!
Originally Posted by etoupebirkin
Hi ladies. Do you know whether VCA is less expensive in France as it is in the US? I am planning a trip to Paris.

My view is if Hermes is a bust, then there's always VCA.
I have the same strategy!!!!

Originally Posted by tbbbjb
When are you going? They usually have a price increase every year somewhere between April and May. So, then it would possibly be more expensive. It also depends on the exchange rate that specific day, but keep in mind you do get 12% back (sometimes it takes as long as 3 months later.. do keep that in mind) I have a fantastic personal SA should you need one. I would definitely call ahead so they can assemble everything you would like to look at in one location. There are three VCA boutiques in Paris and one workshop. If you are willing I would love to hear any tips you may have about scoring a bag in Hermes in France! I have wanted one since at least 2005, with absolutely NO lucky :-( I really hope this will be my lucky trip! Anything you can share with me an SAs name, etc would be most helpful. Please feel free to pm me :-). I would love to chat more!
I am going in March. Does VCA process the vat...like Hermes? My sister has been offered H bags on all of her trips and declined....not the right one....I think it has a lot to do with luck.
Feb 12, 2013, 8:49pm   #5123
mp4's Avatar
mp4
Weimanuts!
Originally Posted by surfergirljen
OMG such pretty reveals lately!!!

I never posted pics of my latest little VCA treasure from before Christmas... the byzentine bracelet! :) SO wearable, I love it!


Darn I missed the pics.... I've always wondered if I totally screwed up not getting this. I've never seen a picture of this layered and was afraid to have it shipped sight unseen! Congrats!
Feb 12, 2013, 8:50pm   #5124
mp4's Avatar
mp4
Weimanuts!
Originally Posted by sjunky13
So I went to VCA and tried on everything! I was going to get the Perlee diamond clover pendant in rose gold and it did not look good . Rose just blends into my skin. It was so soft and not much contrast. That was a let down, then I tried on the magic mop in white gold and it looked nice, but I have no white gold pieces and I don't plan on starting a new collection, lol. Then she placed the Magic pave on my neck. OMG, stunning.

I had gone in looking for the letterwood long pendant and really wanted a necklace. Well, the malachite is coming in the same style pendant, magic size in yellow gold and the long chain. I think this will be perfect! I reserved one. Should be coming very very soon. I hope the green will look good with my onyx and mop. I wish they did an onyx in this long pendant, maybe they will?

Ok as for perlee hoops, they were out of medium and the variation. I tried on the small, looked horrible on me.Way too tiny and no presence at all and my holes on my ears were pierced wrong for the small hoops, they stuck out and did not lay nice at all.
I tried on the large and they were too big, looks like the medium will be perfect. She measured the hoops I was wearing and it looks like the medium are the same size, so I am waiting for those too.

My birthday is Wed and I want to start with the Perlee hoops as I will wear them a lot. I wish I could of tried on the medium, I may ask them to ship them to me and see. The rose looked great against my face and not my chest. Very odd.

I also saw the new pink Butterfly diamond pieces, so pretty. can't wait to see yours Beth!
I know want Pave VCA!LOL
Happy Bday!

I can't wait to see a malachite piece!
Feb 12, 2013, 9:30pm   #5125
CATEYES's Avatar
CATEYES
Lovin My Sons & Dogs
Originally Posted by Bethc
VCA just called, my necklace is already back! I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, so excited!!
Yay!!! Can hardly wait to see
Feb 12, 2013, 11:34pm   #5126
628628's Avatar
628628
Member
I went through so many hoops to get this pair of Malachite earrings. After nearly one and a half years, they are finally with me. This pair was a part of London Selfridges' limited edition series for its opening back in 2011. I was so excited to hear about it, as I love emerald greens and want everything in emeralds. I had wired the deposit to Selfridges to secure a pair, as I was nowhere near London and had no prospects of going there any time soon. Since the deposit came in 3 payments, the British banking system alerted the authorities, and my deposit was frozen for several weeks! Finally, it went through and the pair was secured for me. It took another 9 months for me to be able to go to London, and I finally picked them up. Sadly, as soon as I arrived in the hotel, I noticed a crack in one of my the motifs. So I went back to Selfridges (Selfridges has exceptional customer service!) and they took it in for repair. They said that once the repair was done, it would be forwarded to my local boutique in San Francisco. I wait for many months, and the earring is still not returned to me. So I call Selfridges and they said the earring was back in London! LOL! Paris sent it back to London instead of forwarding to SF. Then there was this whole drama about how Selfridges can't mail it to me in SF because I would have to pay customs duties as high as $1000 USD. So it stayed in London, and now I have finally picked them up! I am a bit dismayed at the fact that VCA is going to release a new Malachite line universally after all, since I went through so much just to get my Malachite pair! But my baby is finally with me after a year and a half of hide and seek
Attached Images
 
Feb 12, 2013, 11:51pm   #5127
t
tbbbjb
Member
Originally Posted by mp4
I have the same strategy!!!!



I am going in March. Does VCA process the vat...like Hermes? My sister has been offered H bags on all of her trips and declined....not the right one....I think it has a lot to do with luck.
No, all they do is fill out the all the paperwork that you need to have but you still have to show it and mail it at the airport so allow yourself some time for that.
Feb 12, 2013, 11:53pm   #5128
t
tbbbjb
Member
Originally Posted by 628628
I went through so many hoops to get this pair of Malachite earrings. After nearly one and a half years, they are finally with me. This pair was a part of London Selfridges' limited edition series for its opening back in 2011. I was so excited to hear about it, as I love emerald greens and want everything in emeralds. I had wired the deposit to Selfridges to secure a pair, as I was nowhere near London and had no prospects of going there any time soon. Since the deposit came in 3 payments, the British banking system alerted the authorities, and my deposit was frozen for several weeks! Finally, it went through and the pair was secured for me. It took another 9 months for me to be able to go to London, and I finally picked them up. Sadly, as soon as I arrived in the hotel, I noticed a crack in one of my the motifs. So I went back to Selfridges (Selfridges has exceptional customer service!) and they took it in for repair. They said that once the repair was done, it would be forwarded to my local boutique in San Francisco. I wait for many months, and the earring is still not returned to me. So I call Selfridges and they said the earring was back in London! LOL! Paris sent it back to London instead of forwarding to SF. Then there was this whole drama about how Selfridges can't mail it to me in SF because I would have to pay customs duties as high as $1000 USD. So it stayed in London, and now I have finally picked them up! I am a bit dismayed at the fact that VCA is going to release a new Malachite line universally after all, since I went through so much just to get my Malachite pair! But my baby is finally with me after a year and a half of hide and seek
Oh WOW dear 628628, they are stunning and definitely were worth the LONG wait and what a story that you have to pass down with them ;-) Please wear them in good health and happiness always!
Feb 13, 2013, 12:10am   #5129
Junkenpo's Avatar
Junkenpo
CHOOSE KINDNESS
628628: Those are GORGEOUS!!
Feb 13, 2013, 1:09am   #5130
Suzie's Avatar
Suzie
Member
Originally Posted by 628628
I went through so many hoops to get this pair of Malachite earrings. After nearly one and a half years, they are finally with me. This pair was a part of London Selfridges' limited edition series for its opening back in 2011. I was so excited to hear about it, as I love emerald greens and want everything in emeralds. I had wired the deposit to Selfridges to secure a pair, as I was nowhere near London and had no prospects of going there any time soon. Since the deposit came in 3 payments, the British banking system alerted the authorities, and my deposit was frozen for several weeks! Finally, it went through and the pair was secured for me. It took another 9 months for me to be able to go to London, and I finally picked them up. Sadly, as soon as I arrived in the hotel, I noticed a crack in one of my the motifs. So I went back to Selfridges (Selfridges has exceptional customer service!) and they took it in for repair. They said that once the repair was done, it would be forwarded to my local boutique in San Francisco. I wait for many months, and the earring is still not returned to me. So I call Selfridges and they said the earring was back in London! LOL! Paris sent it back to London instead of forwarding to SF. Then there was this whole drama about how Selfridges can't mail it to me in SF because I would have to pay customs duties as high as $1000 USD. So it stayed in London, and now I have finally picked them up! I am a bit dismayed at the fact that VCA is going to release a new Malachite line universally after all, since I went through so much just to get my Malachite pair! But my baby is finally with me after a year and a half of hide and seek
They are stunning! What a drama you went through.
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools