Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Tiffany Celebration Ring - 2.2mm or 3mm or Diamond Studs

POST A REPLY

Feb 21, 2012, 7:00pm   #1
N
NY Village Girl
Hi Ladies,

After giving birth to a healthy baby boy, my husband wants me to buy something nice for myself. Currently, my engagement ring is the Tiffany & Co 6 prong 1.25 solitaire with the plain platinum band, but I hope to upgrade to 2 carats for our 5 yr anniversary next year. I am having a hard time deciding between the 2.2mm shared prong band or the 3mm shared prong band, as I am wondering if the 3mm would overwhelm my current or future solitaire ring.

The other item that's been on my wish list are 2 btw diamond studs, and I've just found a pair for a wonderful price. Do you think it would look off, if I have 2 ctw studs, but wear a 1.25 ct engagement ring?

Which would you choose?

1. 2.2mm Shared-Prong Ring
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item...+band&search=1

2. 3 mm Shared-Prong Ring
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item...+band&search=1

3. 2 ctw Round Brilliant Diamond Studs

TIA for your help!
Feb 21, 2012, 7:22pm   #2
ryu_chan
That is so sweet of your husband. Personally, I would go for 2.2mm shared prong which is what I have. I think 3mm will overpower your solitaire. 2ct solitaire and 2.2 mm shared prong would be so beautiful!
Feb 21, 2012, 7:55pm   #3
ame
Congrats on your new baby boy! AND your upcoming anniversary.

I would go with the 2.2mm ring because I think it will compliment this current diamond as well as the upgraded one quite well.
Feb 21, 2012, 9:23pm   #4
e
ek9977
Congratulations!
Between the 2, I'd go for the 2.2mm...
Faced a similar dilemma when I was deciding between the 2.5mm and 3mm channel set band to go with my 1.5ct solitaire and found that the former complemented better :)
Feb 21, 2012, 9:26pm   #5
Greentea
Congrats!!! Definitely the 2.2mm shared prong ring!
Feb 21, 2012, 9:42pm   #6
neverenoughbags
"Hello Lover..."
I'm going to be the odd one out and say 3mm. I have it and it looks great with my 1.5 ct eng ring.
Feb 22, 2012, 1:12am   #7
I
Isachristy
2.2mm shared-prong will look gorgeous with your e-ring!!
Feb 22, 2012, 5:23am   #8
Kathd
~ Living the dream ~
Congrats on your baby boy and the upcoming anniversary!!!!!

My vote goes to the 2.2 mm as well! Would LOVE to see a picture of your e-ring, though!
Feb 22, 2012, 7:47am   #9
n
niev
What does your current wedding band look like and what current stud earrings do you have? Also, have you tried the shared setting bands with your ring to see whether you like the way they sit together? I have the 3 mm but find myself wearing it with my wedding band rather than my solitaire... and it has scratched my band up significantly.
Feb 22, 2012, 8:36am   #10
N
NY Village Girl
Hi,

Thanks so much for everyone's input. Feel free to keep it coming. Currently, I have the plain platinum knife edge band that matches the shank of the solitaire (at the time, I didn't want want diamonds on my wedding band, as I thought it might detract from the e-ring).

I don't have any diamond stud earrings yet. Currently, I wear my 8 mm Mikimoto pearl studs on an everyday basis.

I will try to post pics later.

Thanks!
Feb 22, 2012, 8:38am   #11
ame
I think if you keep your set as it is, and just add the 2.2 mm diamond band below the plain band it would look amazing. I might be biased because I do the same thing!
Feb 22, 2012, 9:47am   #12
k
kpai
Since you are upgrading to the 2 carat e-ring. I would get the 3mm band. I think the best bet is to try it on in the store with your ring and a 2 carat ring. If possible, post the pics! congrats!
Feb 22, 2012, 2:26pm   #13
N
NY Village Girl
Hi Everyone!
I decided to go ahead and purchase the 2.2mm band, as I think I prefer the look of that with both my current as well as a 2 ct solitaire. It will be arriving tomorrow morning and I will post pics!

I liked the idea of getting a celebration ring to celebrate motherhood and I think I will save the diamond studs for my 30th b-day later on this year.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Feb 22, 2012, 2:47pm   #14
ame
YAY!!! Congrats! Cannot wait for pics!
Feb 23, 2012, 3:01am   #15
Kathd
~ Living the dream ~
Woop woop!!!! So exciting!!!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >