Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Tiffany bow necklace - cheaper at blue Nile. Is it the same???

POST A REPLY

Nov 18, 2012, 4:25am   #1
Caz71
http://www.bluenile.com/sterling-sil...HRONO&update=1

What u think? I cant believe how much cheaper it is. also there are the other bows too on Blue nile.

And these:

http://www.bluenile.com/sterling-sil...earrings_24286
Last edited Nov 18, 2012 at 4:33am.
Nov 18, 2012, 7:10am   #2
BreadnGem
Perhaps the dimensions are slightly different? I dont know......they do look rather similar to the tiffany ones
Nov 18, 2012, 8:48am   #3
jtc103
With Tiffany, you're paying for the name too...that's why it'll generally always be more expensive (especially silver jewelry). Others can copy the style but it doesn't come with the Tiffany name.
Nov 18, 2012, 6:21pm   #4
arnott
Cute! Are you going to get it?
Nov 18, 2012, 10:40pm   #5
Caz71
I dunno if I will get it. Easier to just walk into Tiffany and buy from there..??
Nov 19, 2012, 12:36pm   #6
NurseAnn
Tiffany's doesn't widely advertise this but most of their SS push back earrings have WG posts. I can't wear SS earrings but can wear the ones from Tiffany's because they do this. If you don't have SS allergies the. It's no big deal. Blue Nile makes excellent products and has a totally no hassle return policy so don't be afraid to try them out.
Nov 19, 2012, 3:22pm   #7
Caz71
Yeah I once bought a few Guess items online, my husband was not impressed!
He does not like me buying things online.
I on the other hand think its sooo convenient!

I agree with silver posts and white gold. My ears are sensitive too especially if i wear cheapy earrings!
Great info NurseAnn thanx:))
Nov 19, 2012, 6:10pm   #8
arnott
Originally Posted by NurseAnn
Tiffany's doesn't widely advertise this but most of their SS push back earrings have WG posts. I can't wear SS earrings but can wear the ones from Tiffany's because they do this. If you don't have SS allergies the. It's no big deal. Blue Nile makes excellent products and has a totally no hassle return policy so don't be afraid to try them out.
I didn't know that!
Nov 19, 2012, 8:58pm   #9
NurseAnn
Originally Posted by arnott
I didn't know that!
I didn't know it either until joining this forum. TylerDurden mentioned it in his Tiffany thread. If you go to the actual store some of the SA's for even know. When I bought my knot earrings I made them double check because my ears get really red with SS posts.
Nov 19, 2012, 9:01pm   #10
BalenciagaPlaneT
Originally Posted by Caz71
I dunno if I will get it. Easier to just walk into Tiffany and buy from there..??
go for tiffany. i promise you will be happier in the long run
Nov 20, 2012, 11:12am   #11
plumaplomb
One vote for Blue Nile. I have gotten a bracelet and two pairs of earrings from there. They are of exceptional quality, and tend to be cheaper than brick and mortar stores because they do not have the overhead required to run a shop.
Nov 20, 2012, 11:23am   #12
T
Toto too
Although the price of the Blue Nile one is much better, wouldn't it still be just a knock off of a Tiffany design? I've seen pieces of jewelry I've liked in stores, but when I realize that they're copies of another designer, it kind of ruins it for me. For some reason, it would bother me that it's not the real deal. But, that's just me and one of my little quirks.
Nov 20, 2012, 12:32pm   #13
BalenciagaPlaneT
Originally Posted by toto too
although the price of the blue nile one is much better, wouldn't it still be just a knock off of a tiffany design? I've seen pieces of jewelry i've liked in stores, but when i realize that they're copies of another designer, it kind of ruins it for me. For some reason, it would bother me that it's not the real deal. But, that's just me and one of my little quirks.
+1
Nov 20, 2012, 1:14pm   #14
Candice0985
Originally Posted by BalenciagaPlaneT
+1
+2! I'm never happy knowing it's based on another designers design.
Nov 20, 2012, 7:30pm   #15
akimoto
Innocent Bystander
Originally Posted by Candice0985

+2! I'm never happy knowing it's based on another designers design.
+3 especially when it doesn't satisfy because I'll still go back to the original designer
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >