Home Accessorize Yourself The Jewelry Box

Royalty & their Jewelry


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Feb 19, 2013, 9:39pm   #406
CuTe_ClAsSy's Avatar
Member
This thread is so fun! Diana's emerald choker is TDF!
Feb 19, 2013, 10:11pm   #407
e
Member
Originally Posted by Jazz77
I just never get tired of looking at her...

Attachment 2073992

Attachment 2073993

Attachment 2073996

Attachment 2073994

Attachment 2073995

Wow, Grace Kelly looks so beautiful and regal in that emerald necklace! I am in love with the second photo.
Feb 20, 2013, 2:22am   #408
e
Member
Here are some photos of the only tiara I have seen the Duchess of Windsor wear. I think it is one of my favorite tiaras, and if for some reason I were to ever wear a tiara, this would be the first to come to mind. I love that it is so simple and understated. However, the one occasion for which I would even consider wearing a tiara would be for my wedding, and I'm not sure if the dark stones would look good for the occasion. Maybe it could work, since I have dark hair...

I'm posting also the Cartier bib necklace (holy...).

The last piece is a 18k gold gem-set cigarette case, also by Cartier, that Wallis gave the Duke for Christmas in 1935. The front of the case is engraved with a map of Europe. The inscription inside reads “David from Wallis Christmas 1935″ and commemorates some of the holiday trips they took together. I love her handwriting in the engraving – so beautiful! The routes are enameled and each special location is represented by a cabochon gemstone.

I think this cigarette case idea is so brilliant and romantic, and hands down the most beautiful and special cigarette case I have ever seen.
Attached Images
          
Feb 20, 2013, 8:48am   #409
frick&frack's Avatar
summertime
Originally Posted by ellebelle89
Here are some photos of the only tiara I have seen the Duchess of Windsor wear. I think it is one of my favorite tiaras, and if for some reason I were to ever wear a tiara, this would be the first to come to mind. I love that it is so simple and understated. However, the one occasion for which I would even consider wearing a tiara would be for my wedding, and I'm not sure if the dark stones would look good for the occasion. Maybe it could work, since I have dark hair...

I'm posting also the Cartier bib necklace (holy...).

The last piece is a 18k gold gem-set cigarette case, also by Cartier, that Wallis gave the Duke for Christmas in 1935. The front of the case is engraved with a map of Europe. The inscription inside reads “David from Wallis Christmas 1935″ and commemorates some of the holiday trips they took together. I love her handwriting in the engraving – so beautiful! The routes are enameled and each special location is represented by a cabochon gemstone.

I think this cigarette case idea is so brilliant and romantic, and hands down the most beautiful and special cigarette case I have ever seen.
OMG...that bib is incredible! I absolutely love amethyst & turquoise together. the center amethyst is quite a nice chunk.

that is a beautiful & understated tiara. I think you could wear it if you have dark hair. see how the onyx (I'm assuming) blends into wallis' hair when she's wearing it? that cigarette case is just so cool. they had some skills in giving personal jewelry gifts, didn't they?
Feb 20, 2013, 11:49am   #410
e
Member
Originally Posted by frick&frack
that is a beautiful & understated tiara. I think you could wear it if you have dark hair. see how the onyx (I'm assuming) blends into wallis' hair when she's wearing it? that cigarette case is just so cool. they had some skills in giving personal jewelry gifts, didn't they?
I think Cartier used to make tiaras that were convertible into a necklace / bracelets... I think Wallis' tiara would make a beautiful necklace too! I've never been a big fan of 'black' stones/jewels, but this tiara has changed my mind.

Here are the two tiaras Princess Diana famously wore:

Cambridge Lovers Knot Tiara, given to Diana as one of many wedding gifts from the Queen, and the Spencer Tiara. The earrings Diana wore at her wedding (love!) belong to her mother, and were her 'something borrowed.' [oops! edit: they belonged to her mother. Her mother passed away in 2004.]
Attached Images
          
Feb 20, 2013, 1:22pm   #411
e
Member
One of my favorite looks of all time -
Princess Diana in Thailand in 1988. Her jewels for the evening: pearl earrings, silk orchids, and her beautiful blue eyes

also, one of my favorite Duchess of Cambridge moments (which reminds me a lot of Diana's Thailand look). I believe she is wearing a grass skirt and a crown that the Tuvalu people made for her out of flowers. Ahh she is too adorable!!
Attached Images
       
Feb 20, 2013, 2:23pm   #412
CuTe_ClAsSy's Avatar
Member
The Cambridge tiara is TDF
Feb 20, 2013, 4:16pm   #413
e
Member
Originally Posted by CuTe_ClAsSy
The Cambridge tiara is TDF
it is a beautiful tiara! I love seeing specific pieces worn by all the different princesses and queens. I haven't seen any color photographs of Queen Mary, but we have all seen color photos of the current queen wearing various jewels. As beautiful as the jewels are, I feel like they just come alive when Diana wears them! All the pieces in the Queen's collection are all stunning, no matter who wears them, but in my opinion they just sparkle a little brighter on Diana.
Feb 21, 2013, 8:22am   #414
frick&frack's Avatar
summertime
Originally Posted by ellebelle89
I think Cartier used to make tiaras that were convertible into a necklace / bracelets... I think Wallis' tiara would make a beautiful necklace too! I've never been a big fan of 'black' stones/jewels, but this tiara has changed my mind.

Here are the two tiaras Princess Diana famously wore:

Cambridge Lovers Knot Tiara, given to Diana as one of many wedding gifts from the Queen, and the Spencer Tiara. The earrings Diana wore at her wedding (love!) belong to her mother, and were her 'something borrowed.' [oops! edit: they belonged to her mother. Her mother passed away in 2004.]
^the tiara with drop pearls is striking for sure (I love pearls), but I prefer the tiara she wore on her wedding...it has the rounded lines that I prefer. the earrings she's wearing with that blue dress are fabulous.


Originally Posted by ellebelle89
One of my favorite looks of all time -
Princess Diana in Thailand in 1988. Her jewels for the evening: pearl earrings, silk orchids, and her beautiful blue eyes

also, one of my favorite Duchess of Cambridge moments (which reminds me a lot of Diana's Thailand look). I believe she is wearing a grass skirt and a crown that the Tuvalu people made for her out of flowers. Ahh she is too adorable!!
^teardrop pearl earrings are one of my most favorite dramatic earrings! I love the flowers in both diana's & catherine's hair.
Feb 21, 2013, 11:49am   #415
e
Member
Originally Posted by frick&frack
OMG...that bib is incredible!
that is a beautiful & understated tiara. I think you could wear it if you have dark hair. see how the onyx (I'm assuming) blends into wallis' hair when she's wearing it? that cigarette case is just so cool. they had some skills in giving personal jewelry gifts, didn't they?
Ohhh! I ordered the book "Famous Jewelry Collectors" and it just arrived today! In it there is a section on the Duchess of Windsor, and this picture that I posted is in the book, with the following caption:

"She is wearing her emerald bead and diamond necklace/tiara by Cartier, Paris, as a head ornament."

describing a closeup of the tiara (the same closeup photo i posted a few days ago): "An emerald bead and diamond necklace that was made for stock by Cartier, Paris, in 1949. The Duchess's was made the same year with her own emeralds, the diamonds supplied by Cartier. Hers was mounted with a special fitting which enabled her to wear it also as a diadem."

so I guess those black beads are just very dark colored emeralds! and the original Cartier design was a necklace but the Duchess asked to specifically have hers convertible into a tiara.

edited to add: I just received the book about 10 minutes ago, but so far it looks excellent. There is a lot in the book on the Duchess that I hadn't found before during my highly extensive online research haha!
Attached Images
 
Feb 21, 2013, 2:05pm   #416
Theren's Avatar
Freedom Fighter
The infamous Duchess of Cambridge's wedding tiarra
Attached Images
 
Feb 21, 2013, 5:29pm   #417
MyDogTink's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by Theren
The infamous Duchess of Cambridge's wedding tiarra
I love her earrings.
Feb 21, 2013, 11:03pm   #418
aristrocrat's Avatar
Member
The most famous pearl necklace is the 2 strand Baroda pearl necklace
It is made of 68 graduated natural pearls, all matched to color, luster, size and shape. It is assembled from the original 7 stranded pearl necklace owned by the Maharaja of Baroda.
Attached Images
  
Feb 21, 2013, 11:45pm   #419
frick&frack's Avatar
summertime
Originally Posted by ellebelle89
Ohhh! I ordered the book "Famous Jewelry Collectors" and it just arrived today! In it there is a section on the Duchess of Windsor, and this picture that I posted is in the book, with the following caption:

"She is wearing her emerald bead and diamond necklace/tiara by Cartier, Paris, as a head ornament."

describing a closeup of the tiara (the same closeup photo i posted a few days ago): "An emerald bead and diamond necklace that was made for stock by Cartier, Paris, in 1949. The Duchess's was made the same year with her own emeralds, the diamonds supplied by Cartier. Hers was mounted with a special fitting which enabled her to wear it also as a diadem."

so I guess those black beads are just very dark colored emeralds! and the original Cartier design was a necklace but the Duchess asked to specifically have hers convertible into a tiara.

edited to add: I just received the book about 10 minutes ago, but so far it looks excellent. There is a lot in the book on the Duchess that I hadn't found before during my highly extensive online research haha!
^incredible. I really need to buy some books too. I'd read them over & over & over. the royal jewelry is just so dreamy


Originally Posted by Theren
The infamous Duchess of Cambridge's wedding tiarra
^that lace is just gorgeous.


Originally Posted by aristrocrat
The most famous pearl necklace is the 2 strand Baroda pearl necklace
It is made of 68 graduated natural pearls, all matched to color, luster, size and shape. It is assembled from the original 7 stranded pearl necklace owned by the Maharaja of Baroda.
^I love pearls.
Feb 21, 2013, 11:46pm   #420
aristrocrat's Avatar
Member
Indore pear diamonds
Maharaja of Benares
Nizam's Turban Pin
Attached Images
   
POST A REPLY
  HOME Accessorize Yourself The Jewelry Box  
TOP

Thread Tools