POST A REPLY

Mar 22, 2007, 6:40pm   #46
clinkenwar
Kat..I love yours..what model is it?
Mar 22, 2007, 7:43pm   #47
Kat
Originally Posted by clinkenwar
Kat..I love yours..what model is it?
Thanks, Clinkenwar. I'm not sure, actually. It's an older timepiece. I wanted a grey face. I bought it at Torneau. It is a previously-owned timepiece. Maybe the model # is on the paperwork. I'll see if I can find it.
Mar 22, 2007, 7:52pm   #48
ada726
I have an older Rolex fropm the 90's. It is womens' size and has a jubliee band. I was in Tourneau last week and know they have several preowned ones in excellent condition. I think they have a website as well....
Mar 22, 2007, 7:52pm   #49
mangowife
Seriously tempted...
Kat, I don't see you picture for some reason... it says "hotlinking is disabled". I want to see your gorgeous watch!
Mar 22, 2007, 8:02pm   #50
s
susu1
I would love to get a "Pearlmaster" with a black MOP face or a "President" with a fluted dial and platinum bracelet.
Mar 22, 2007, 8:45pm   #51
TravelBug
How much is the 31mm 'mid-size'? I love it and had seen pictures before but didn't know the name. Thanks.
Mar 24, 2007, 9:05pm   #52
Michael
Wow I own the Air King with the Black face. I don't like the large size watches so I went with the midsize. I think it's an awesome watch. Would be so funny to run into a girl who wore the same watch as me lol Maxter, nice watch hehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael
Mar 24, 2007, 9:56pm   #53
shops2much
My mom has two. She has a white gold oyster lady datejust with a pink face, diamonds for the numbers, fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet. She also has 28 year old boys size watch (in between the size of a men's and women's). It's is a day date with the oyster band and black face. My dad bought it for her and she has wonderfully decided to let me use it now.

Now my stepdad is a whole other ball game. He has 6 Rolex's. My fave was the yellow gold presidential with diamond bezel and diamonds in the number positions. He purchased it second hand and was absolutely ecstatic when he bought it. It's one of those watches that belongs in the front display window of a jewelry store. His daily watch was a white gold day date with white face, roman numerals at each position and presidential bracelet. He also has a stainless submariner with black face. Another stainless submariner with blue face. There is also yellow gold datejust and a white gold day datejust with white face and diamonds at the numbers. For Christmas 4 years ago, I bought him a watch box lined in suede to store his collection of Rolex's and Omega's. He has 3 Omega's. I love the titanium one, I got to wear that a few times.

Rolex makes beautiful watches! I would definetely suggest getting one. If you have a chance, go to Switzerland and check out Bucherer, they have a massive display of them, it's an entire room!
Last edited Mar 24, 2007 at 10:00pm.
Mar 25, 2007, 10:43am   #54
blew415
Loves LV & Burberry
I have the Ladies Yacht-master . DH gave her to me a few yrs ago
Mar 25, 2007, 12:24pm   #55
Kat
Originally Posted by mangowife
Kat, I don't see you picture for some reason... it says "hotlinking is disabled". I want to see your gorgeous watch!
I'll try posting it again. Here goes ......

Mar 25, 2007, 12:47pm   #56
tomato_juice
here's mine. It's like what most of you have ... 31mm datejust -two tone, oyster bracelet. I have a small wrist but i prefer men's size watch. this size is just perfect for me love it
Attached Images

Mar 25, 2007, 4:21pm   #57
Lola24
Originally Posted by mangowife
Lola, I your watch and your pics... you said it well when you said it's "more feminine". I know Rolex is great quality, but I've always considered their styles more bulky and sporty rather than sleek and feminine. Your watch is BEAUTIFUL and when I first saw your pics, my jaw dropped. Yours is the first Rolex that I've seen that I could see myself wearing! (I just took another look at your pics, and the sleekness of the smooth crown appeals to me - I think that's what it's called, it's the part encircling the face - I prefer the smooth over the fluted ones.)

On the other hand, in my experience I do think that taking photos of watches doesn't always do them justice. I just bought a watch online (got it tonight!) and I thought it looked bulky in the pics, but now that I have it on my wrist, I think it's perfect.

My dream watch is a Cartier (either the Tank or the Roadster, haven't decided yet), but I noticed a few ladies have already commented in this thread that they prefer their Rolex over their Cartier. May I ask why? (I remember a previous thread about this, but I thought I'd ask it again here to get more opinions...)
Thank you! I just noticed this post today..... I also love the look of the Roadster and the Tank, I had my eye on a Santos for the longest time, but when it came down to it I asked myself if I were only to get one more watch what would it be and when I put this Rolex on that was it! Not sure if it's the last watch I'll ever get but for some reason I just couldn't imagine getting a Cartier instead of a Rolex.....maybe in addittion...... Rolex to me just seems to be the most classic and I don't think I'll grow out of it in 20 years......
Mar 26, 2007, 1:08am   #58
aquablueness
Whale Tail!
Originally Posted by rosieroseanna
I wear an Omega but my mum has worn a gold Rolex datejust with diamonds for the past 14 years and it still looks new, she even wears it in the bath. Personally I like the one that is advertised as the 'men's watch women prefer' it's like a midsize and chunky, it's gorgeous with a black mither of pearl face
wow, all these comments about how it looks new after so many many years. geez....tempting me to go get one. i don't think i could afford one though.
Mar 26, 2007, 1:10am   #59
mangowife
Seriously tempted...
Originally Posted by Lola24
Thank you! I just noticed this post today..... I also love the look of the Roadster and the Tank, I had my eye on a Santos for the longest time, but when it came down to it I asked myself if I were only to get one more watch what would it be and when I put this Rolex on that was it! Not sure if it's the last watch I'll ever get but for some reason I just couldn't imagine getting a Cartier instead of a Rolex.....maybe in addittion...... Rolex to me just seems to be the most classic and I don't think I'll grow out of it in 20 years......
I've been finding myself doing more and more Rolex research... hmm... may call around soon to ask about preowned Rolexes... we'll see!
Mar 26, 2007, 8:42am   #60
Lola24
^^ cool, good luck, my model just came out in the fall I believe, it's the datejust but the revised/updated one. It really makes the smooth bezel look amazing IMO, all of the smooth metal is now polished instead of brushed, and the bracelet (band) is solid link instead of hollow. If you have the opportunity to get to a retailer to compare do it so you can see what I mean.......You may want to wait until you can find some of these newer models in re-sale, it's totally worth it to wait for the new datejust IMO!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >