Home > >

Pearls - what's your colour choice?

POST A REPLY

Mar 12, 2013, 4:49pm   #1
Designpurchaser
Just curious here ladies and would love to see your pics.

What's your favourite colour pearl....white, ivory or pink overtone?

If you own any pieces of jewellery with any of these pearls please post pictures for comparison.

Last edited Mar 12, 2013 at 4:54pm.
Mar 12, 2013, 4:57pm   #2
designerdiva40
I own some ivory ones set in YG that my MIL gave me years ago, I don't wear them much but IMO there a classic that will never date :)
Mar 12, 2013, 5:01pm   #3
r
rengb6
I have and LOVE a blue akoya strand. But the pearls I really want are these...

Name:  akoya2.jpg
Views: 1060
Size:  205.0 KB

They are blue, cream, and white akoyas
Mar 12, 2013, 5:24pm   #4
Onebagtoomany
I used to wear pearl studs all the time before I got my diamond ones, I have an ivory pair set in 18k white gold which I bought on honeymoon a couple of years ago. I am debating buying another pair from Mikimoto with a pink overtone, when I can afford it, as I think I would prefer those to ivory and wear them more often as an alternative to my diamond studs.
Mar 12, 2013, 5:52pm   #5
Designpurchaser
I've got some set in white gold with a diamond stud and yellow gold prong (ear piece), I think they are ivory. They are gorgeous, very classic and IMO pearls are very classy. Will try and put pic on....
Mar 12, 2013, 5:56pm   #6
Designpurchaser
Originally Posted by rengb6
I have and LOVE a blue akoya strand. But the pearls I really want are these...

Attachment 2102389

They are blue, cream, and white akoyas
I'd love to see the comparison between white and ivory.
Mar 12, 2013, 5:56pm   #7
Designpurchaser
Originally Posted by designerdiva40
I own some ivory ones set in YG that my MIL gave me years ago, I don't wear them much but IMO there a classic that will never date :)
What a lovely gift from your mother in law. I agree they are a classic
Mar 12, 2013, 5:58pm   #8
Designpurchaser
Originally Posted by Onebagtoomany
I used to wear pearl studs all the time before I got my diamond ones, I have an ivory pair set in 18k white gold which I bought on honeymoon a couple of years ago. I am debating buying another pair from Mikimoto with a pink overtone, when I can afford it, as I think I would prefer those to ivory and wear them more often as an alternative to my diamond studs.
I'm trying to decide whether pearls and yellow gold are nicer than pearls and white gold...it might be decided on the overtone of the pearl.....hmmmm
Mar 12, 2013, 6:03pm   #9
Candice0985
for white pearls I like a rose overtone, and Tahitian pearls I like cherry or silver overtones
Mar 12, 2013, 6:07pm   #10
designerdiva40
Originally Posted by Designpurchaser
I'm trying to decide whether pearls and yellow gold are nicer than pearls and white gold...it might be decided on the overtone of the pearl.....hmmmm
I think I might wear mine tomorrow so I'll post pics...... I completely forgot I had them..... Thanks for reminding me DP
Mar 12, 2013, 6:10pm   #11
Designpurchaser
Originally Posted by designerdiva40
I think I might wear mine tomorrow so I'll post pics...... I completely forgot I had them..... Thanks for reminding me DP
No problem. I'll look forward to the pic. I might wear mine

I'm trying to load a pic of my studs...
Mar 12, 2013, 6:12pm   #12
Designpurchaser
Originally Posted by Candice0985
for white pearls I like a rose overtone, and Tahitian pearls I like cherry or silver overtones
Thanks Rose gold and white pearls sounds lovely I will look up the Tahitian pearls. As you know I like the Akoya pearls.
Mar 12, 2013, 6:17pm   #13
r
rengb6
I also love this one! Name:  file-1.jpg
Views: 1014
Size:  87.9 KB
Mar 12, 2013, 6:21pm   #14
Designpurchaser
Originally Posted by rengb6
I also love this one! Attachment 2102483
Very pretty
Mar 12, 2013, 6:44pm   #15
omniavincitamor
My favorite pearls are Black South Sea (Tahitian), I think they are so enchanting. I particularly love them with rose and peacock overtones.

I don’t have any white or ivory pearls, but if your ever interested in Tahitian, I could post some pics.

Cheers.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >